BELIZE... tender or port

Elaine515

I always thought you had to tender in Belize but when we got our tickets the little star was only next to Grand Cayman*. When I looked down it said

*Ship tenders at this Port

Does Belize have a pier? I always thought that was a tender Port as well... Thnx...

Belieze is a tender...and its a little bit different...kind of tender. The ships have to anchor quite a ways out...and Belieze City where you port at...is right at a river Delta - so it just sort of looks different. When we were there...the water was quite muddy...kind of like the mouth of the Mississippi...its really quite cool!

We were there a few years ago and we took a tender which was like a big speed boat, and we had quite a ride! It was great - we went to the reefs for snorkeling and to this little tiny island with just palm trees and a little shack (snack bar) and there are lots of small islands in the area and it was just wonderful! I love seashells and our guide dove down in 20+ ft of water to show me a giant live conch! Great experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Just be ready if you are standing up when they get near the port. They throw the brakes on. Several in our tender were thrown forward while standing and taking pictures as we approched the port. Just hang on if you are standing.

Archived