Who is on the Celebration Adriatic Explorer May 22??

Can we have a roll call for who is going to be there and have you done this trip before? will be our second cruise on the celebration and thought this looked like it would be fantastic with the ports of call we get

Hi aligarter:)

We did the Adriatic Explorer back in 2003 on the Emerald. I think the itinerary has changed a little bit since then. Dubrovnik is fabulous and you can get a taxi from the port to the centre. We shared with another couple and it was 10 euros between all of us. We also liked Venice very much. We did a Thompson trip visiting 2 of the other islands as well, Merano and Berano (not sure how you spell them) then we went on to Venice itself and had plenty of time to walk around on our own before meeting to pick up the boat back. Not sure if it still visits Rivinj in Croatia, but if so we did a trip up the Lym Fjord to Porec, this was also very good.

Not sure where else the trip goes now but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Janet;)

I am on the Celebration 'Adriatic Explorer' on 8 May 2009- that's 8 weeks away and counting lol.

See my review from the Emerald 'Adriatic Explorer' last May for details of the trips I recommend.Last year I went with my cousin.This year i am taking hubby- his first cruise- you may see me dragging him on board kicking & screaming.He will love it!

The ports of call differ a bit from the Emerald itinerary.Still starts from Corfu but first place is Koper (new) in Slovenia, then Venice, then Split (new), then Dubrovnik in Croatia and then Kotor (new) in Montenegro- this is the place i am most looking forward to- it looks brilliant!

Flopsy

Hi Flospy

I took a look at your review before booking this cruise, we will probably do our own thing in Venice and Dubrovnick, but really fany the Krka waterfalls trip from Split. We went to Yugoslavia just before everything went pear shaped and saw the Lipica horses and the Caves and castle set in the clifs, it was fantastic, also did a cruise up the fiord where we were told they filmed kirk douglas in The Vikings another beautiful place.

Like you we are also looking forward to Montenegro.

You will have to give us the lowdown on the trips that you do and if any are unmissable or missable.

I am on the Celebration 'Adriatic Explorer' on 8 May 2009- that's 8 weeks away and counting lol.

See my review from the Emerald 'Adriatic Explorer' last May for details of the trips I recommend.Last year I went with my cousin.This year i am taking hubby- his first cruise- you may see me dragging him on board kicking & screaming.He will love it!

The ports of call differ a bit from the Emerald itinerary.Still starts from Corfu but first place is Koper (new) in Slovenia, then Venice, then Split (new), then Dubrovnik in Croatia and then Kotor (new) in Montenegro- this is the place i am most looking forward to- it looks brilliant!

Flopsy

Hi flopsy, We'll be on board too!!!! Just booked! :D:D:D I've been looking at this itinerary for two years now so have at last taken the plunge. I'm busy researching the ports of call now and looking up previous posts relating to this cruise and getting more excited by the minute!!! :eek:

P.S. When you do leave for this area, Bella?

• 1 month later...
Hi flopsy, We'll be on board too!!!! Just booked! :D:D:D I've been looking at this itinerary for two years now so have at last taken the plunge. I'm busy researching the ports of call now and looking up previous posts relating to this cruise and getting more excited by the minute!!! :eek:

P.S. When you do leave for this area, Bella?

Hi Where are you flying from??

Exeter - it's the closest to us for this itinerary since they're not offering flights for this one from our local airport. We did have to pay a fair supplement, compared to the Gatwick price but the timings from Gatwick weren't too convenient for us.

It makes such a difference if you can get local departures - I love it when we can go from our local airport.

Thanks for your good wishes, aligarter. Sorry I won't be back in time to give you any feedback (we'll cross over on 22nd) but will post on my return for the benefit of those going later in the season.

I'll look forward to hearing of your experiences when you get back too - we've booked again for next year :D so I'll be gathering info on things that we haven't done this time, but others have, so we can plan to do some different things! Just hope it's as good as it looks now!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful trip yourself :)

Hi Aligarter

Thanks for your good wishes i am getting really nervous already!

I should be planning what to pack but I still can't get going.....

Weather forecast for Corfu on Friday is 26c so thats hot.Can't envisage 'hot' as I'm freezing here in the unheated office at mo!

Roll on Friday, shan't relax till I get to the airport lol.

I will write a review for you as soon as I get back to work on 18 May, OK.

Old Flopsy

Hi Aligarter

Weather forecast for Corfu on Friday is 26c so thats hot.Can't envisage 'hot' as I'm freezing here in the unheated office at mo!

Old Flopsy

Gosh, is it that hot?? :D Hurry up with that packing - not long to go now! Safe journey! :):)

Hi Flopsy

Have a fantastic time and remember to pack the sun tan lotion, and your camera, plus remember evenings will be chilly at sea so will need a wrap of some kind. Enjoy have fun and leave some tequila onboard for me :-)

From Alison

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Aligarter

Old Flopsy

Flopsy I cant wait to hear what you have to say about this cruise,

We are going from stanstead, my sister and brotherinlaw are flying from exeter

Hi grab1

We are flying from Exeter as well, do your brother and sister in law live in Exeter? Have you all been on the Celebration before? I have heard that they had to take on some Greek crew seeing they are stopping in lots of greek ports< im sure they will be as good as the people that were there last time.

I dont think the others are going to come on and do a review for us.

Hi grab1

We are flying from Exeter as well, do your brother and sister in law live in Exeter? Have you all been on the Celebration before? I have heard that they had to take on some Greek crew seeing they are stopping in lots of greek ports< im sure they will be as good as the people that were there last time.

I dont think the others are going to come on and do a review for us.

My sister and brotherinlaw live in stratton nr bude traveling at 12:40pm

We will beat them to it leaving at 6:30am from stanstaed

Archived