Where is Frank Buckingham?

llamirand

The latest I heard was that in November '08 he was lecturing aboard Prinsendam.

We leave on the Grand Med Wednesday. Does anyone know if he will still be aboard?

He's the greatest asset HAL has! (IMHO) :):):)

Actually, Frank Buckingham was with us on the Amsterdam for the 65 day Asia/Australia cruise this past fall. We arrived back to San Diego on November 23, 2008 -- I do not know where he went from there -- if he went to the Prinsendam he must have gone very quickly (no rest for the weary?)

Frank is definitely the master at his job. We have enjoyed his services on two extended cruises so far. He is wonderful to listen to and provides all of the information that you need to know. I find him one of those folks who embody the spirit that makes an HAL Grand Cruise grand.

Frank was with us as well on the San Diego to Rio Antartic cruise. He left in Montevideo to go home for a few days before setting off on the Princendam circle South America. What comes after that is anyones guess.

He joined us for dinner one night and he is such a good storyteller. He was one of the best Officer Table Guests we have ever had. He has been everywhere and knows so much. But you get the impression he might want to slow down but HAL comes a calling.

I said with him before and hope he will be on a cruise with us again.

Jeffrey

To those that haven't experienced Frank, he is IMO the best port lecturer I've ever known. He is very knowledgeable, totally uninfluenced by anyone other than Frank Buckingham, has a marvelous dry wit, and is willing to spend the extra time to ensure that your port time is maximized.

And by the way, Frank, you owe me for that glowing review, and I'll collect it on the next voyage we are both on.:D

Wayzer - thanks! You've made my day!

And my hopes are now dashed! I had wished that Frank would be so enthralled with South America that he'd jump ship from the Prinsendam & board the Amsterdam as Port Lecturer for our upcoming Collectors Voyage. But alas, it's not to be.

Frank is at the top of his game. It's nice to see so many folks appreciate him. :):)

We've had the pleasure of Frank Buckingham's expertise on both of our Mediterranean cruises. We're hoping he'll be on the Rotterdam when we go back there again in October. Any way of telling if he will be or not?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

"Uncle Frank", as we call him, was on our first cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean on the Rotterdam in 1998. He IS the best lecturer by far and we have always hoped we could cruise with him again, but we haven't had the pleasure yet. :)

Is there any way to find out his future schedule? Will HAL give out that information?

Agree 100% with all that's been said about Colonel (ret) Buckingham and his green jacket. Incredible (world) knowledge and the man to see about all things foreign - Last had him on Rotterdam in 2007 going to the Black Sea and Egypt. Very committed also; when leaving for Cairo from Alexandria at oh dark thirty, there he was standing alongside the gangway next to HM Hans Dernison and CD Judy Wood, ready to answer any last minute questions, and seeing off his pax

I wish we'd had Frank aboard Rotterdam for our Black Sea/Egypt! He enriched our two Baltic cruises with his knowledge of history and his familiarity with the ports. I still can hear his pleasant voice.

Archived