Holland Insurance and Deposits

marcyjane

We have a cruised booked with Holland and due to work may have to cancel the one already booked and re-book to another ship and itinerary with Holland.

Does anyone know if the deposit & insurance all moves to the new booking?

I booked with a travel agent and will talk with her tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I'm sure the deposit will, but could I loose the insurance and have to pay insurance again?

Thanks so much

Marcy

I have had my TA switch our insurance to a different cruise without any problems. I think the 2nd cruise cost a little more thus we had to pay a little extra for the increase in insurance coverage, but not much at all.

John

Yes, I'm 95% sure that this can be done.

In fact, our travel agent was able to transfer HAL insurance and deposit from one cruise booking to another for us just recently.

So, I'm changing my answer to 100% certain.:)

We have a cruised booked with Holland and due to work may have to cancel the one already booked and re-book to another ship and itinerary with Holland.

I booked with a travel agent and will talk with her tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I'm sure the deposit will, but could I loose the insurance and have to pay insurance again?

Thanks so much

Marcy

Be aware that your travel agent may charge a fee for cancelling the one cruise. Bargain with your TA if this occurs and point out that you are just changing your booking to another sailing.

Just to date: Thank you all, all went well and my travel agent transfered everything to a different itinerary without any transfer fees by her or Holland.

So we are all set again.

Thanks to all,

Marcy

Thanks so much

Marcy

You can move the insurance and deposit if you are outside final payment. There is no problem but it has to be done at the same time.

The one issue is that since insurance is nonrefundable if you moved to less expensive stateroom which would have had a lower insurance cost you can not get the difference back.

I see you did this so that is great.

Be aware that your travel agent may charge a fee for cancelling the one cruise. Bargain with your TA if this occurs and point out that you are just changing your booking to another sailing.

Even the CVC of the world would not charge a cancellation fee if the cruise was replaced with another one...I would not work with a TA again if they were that unreasonable.

You can move the insurance and deposit if you are outside final payment. There is no problem but it has to be done at the same time.

The one issue is that since insurance is nonrefundable if you moved to less expensive stateroom which would have had a lower insurance cost you can not get the difference back.

I see you did this so that is great.

We kept the same kind of verandah stateroom, but the insurance was less and all was adjusted and we are happy. Thanks so much for your information and concern.

Cruise critic members are so caring and are always happy to share good advice and information.

Thanks a bunch,

Marcy

Archived