Star shore excursions

Sunnygirl35

My husband and I have cruised on the Star in Hawaii and are familiar with the ship. I am looking for suggestions on the shore excursions in Mexico. We're thinking of the enigma rally, zipline, canopy tour. Any info is appreciated and welcome. We're open to any suggestions on all tours. Thanks!!!

Definitely take a look at the Chileno Bay snorkel trip out of Cabo. It was really fun. The crew on the boat couldn't have been nicer. The boat was clean, equipment was good, food was good and when you came back in from snorkeling, they had a freshwater hose to rinse off with. There is plenty of food and drinks. On the way back they even put up the sails so we could sail in, but the wind immediately died. It was really a fun trip.;)

We took two excursions. The first, the Sailing Adventure out of Puerto Vallarta. It was nice, but too long sitting just on cushions in the middle of the boat. 5 hours. Snorkeling was not good. The boat was just too small. Eating was quite a challenge.

Our second was Sail/Snorkel to Santa Maria Cove out of Cabo. Like Mirriammom said, our crew was also delightful, the snorkeling was better, they only served light hors d' ouvres (fruit and cheese), but it was a much larger boat and a great ride.

In Zihuatenejo, we just grabbed a water taxi right where the tender dropped us on the pier and he took us over to Las Gatas Beach. We followed his instructions and walked down the beach to La Mesa del Pescado restaurant where we had beach chairs, drinks, a lovely lunch and some decent snorkeling. The water taxi guy came and picked us up right on time. It was lovely.

Have a great cruise!

Linda

Hi there. Zipline in ZIH.....GREAT, but you really need to be in GREAT shape to hike up an 800 foot steep hill (you'll probably hike over a mile total). I think the Canopy Tour in PV is pretty close to the Zipline tour in ZIH, but maybe not as streneous, I can't comment. Enjoy!

Archived