Distance from Paradise Water Taxi Port to Cabbage Beach..

newtocruising

• 2 weeks later...

We walked from the water taxi to Cabbage Beach public access in about 20 minutes. Be sure to pick up a map before you catch the water taxi as there are no signs pointing the way - you can see RIU from the street next to the water taxi pier, but you kind of have to go around a couple of very long blocks to get there.

Should have said above that I'd take the taxi from the cruise terminal to the public beach. I believe it's $5pp plus $1 for the toll each way. The water taxi is $6pp round trip. So I guess the taxi is twice the price, but less stress on the feet!

Should have said above that I'd take the taxi from the cruise terminal to the public beach. I believe it's $5pp plus $1 for the toll each way. The water taxi is $6pp round trip. So I guess the taxi is twice the price, but less stress on the feet!

If all you want to do is get to the beach.. a taxi would do it.

If you want to stroll through marina Village,check out the yachts or go souvenier/beer shopping along the way.. the water taxi is the way to go.

The taxi by-passes everything on the way to the north side of the island.

I found this fun interactive map of New Providence. It should help you determine the scale and layout of the place. http://www.caribbean.com/jsp/maps.jsp

I would recommend a taxi to anyone who is not of the mindset to get a serious workout in while getting to their destination. Also, their streets seem narrow and crowded as it is, without a safe sidewalk to walk on - could just be the pictures I have seen.

But if I were to be involved in an accident, I would prefer to have a car around me than just my sneakers. :)

I found this fun interactive map of New Providence. It should help you determine the scale and layout of the place. http://www.caribbean.com/jsp/maps.jsp

I would recommend a taxi to anyone who is not of the mindset to get a serious workout in while getting to their destination. Also, their streets seem narrow and crowded as it is, without a safe sidewalk to walk on - could just be the pictures I have seen.

But if I were to be involved in an accident, I would prefer to have a car around me than just my sneakers. :)

Sidewalks on Paradise Island leading to the Atlantis and the beach are wide and safe. No walking in the roadway. And Traffic is somewhat restricted as well.

I agree that it's a big of a walk.. but if you want to see something other than just the beach.. a walk is a must.

And of course, you'll hear the same "spiel" from the tour guides on the water taxi both coming and going.. the sights haven't changed.. only the direction .. duh!

We took the water taxi which runs every 30 minutes they say but didn't seem to have a real schedule. We bough return tickets for the family and regretted our decision because it took us about 20 minutes to walk to the beach (and therefore 20 minutes back). This meant we had to leave much earlier than needed to get back to the pier for our ship.

Because we just missed a water taxi after our 20 minute walk we had to wait 25 minutes for the next one, the trip back ended up being well over an hour with getting on and off the boat.

Next time we will take a taxi right to the beach.

Also, the boat was very overloaded for the trip to Paradise island. I'm sure there were at least double the recommended number of people on board. I've never been so squished on a boat. On the way back it was reasonable.

Archived