Sicily Travel?

mouse1961

• 6 months later...

We did try to use Sicily Travel for our September trip to Messina. I made reservations in the Spring and reconfirmed before we left for Europe. They were a no show. I called and they informed me they had no record of my reservation. I sent them the entire email trail which showed I did have reservations........never heard an apology or anything. Our group of twelve had to fend for themselves with the taxi drivers to get to Taorimina. Sicily Travel ruined our visit to Messina as it's one of those ports you have to have something planned ahead of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week we used Sicily Travelnet to bus our party of 16 from Messina to Taormina. We agreed this would be transportation only for a few hours in Taormina. They provided a very nice van/bus and not only a driver but a young English language student to assist. They took us to Taormina and also took us to some of the sites from the Godfather. Since we still had a bit of time they asked if we also wanted a brief tour of Messina. This exceeded our expectations so we would definitely recommend.

• 4 years later...
We did try to use Sicily Travel for our September trip to Messina. I made reservations in the Spring and reconfirmed before we left for Europe. They were a no show. I called and they informed me they had no record of my reservation. I sent them the entire email trail which showed I did have reservations........never heard an apology or anything. Our group of twelve had to fend for themselves with the taxi drivers to get to Taorimina. Sicily Travel ruined our visit to Messina as it's one of those ports you have to have something planned ahead of time.

This is not a good reference for Sicily Travel. By the way, I used to date a mouse back in 1961.

Sicily travelNet is a very reliable tour company. I have used them many times in Palermo and Taormina. Best tour guides in Sicily!!

My goodness, they must be good if you have belonged to Cruise Critic since 2007 and this is your first post -- which just happens to be in support of this agency.

Color me skeptical...:cool:

We used Sicily Travel last September for their Mt. Etna wine tour. Our original driver had a traffic accident on the way to our pick-up point. Sicily Travel made every effort and several phone calls to find us another driver, Ezio Scotto, who turned out to be a great asset for the tour. We had an outstanding day.