Music on Rhapsody

a-tx-brit

They have a country and western night, but it's the regular band that plays in the Shall We Dance Lounge. The group is good and can play about any kind of music.

There are special group cruises that cater to country music. These are usually sponcered by radio stations, and have country artests that do private shows and other get togethers.

Joyce

If Liza Henrix is still onboard when you go,she (and her band) are great in the Shall we dance lounge...

They are from Canada...but they do a great job with a well rounded mix..They know that Rhapsody is full of Texans...and they do a great job! She does a mean"Redneck Girls"....they took requests and learned a George Straight song for one group.

Howdy A-tx-brit,

Re: Music on Rhapsody

Besides the ships orchestra, the ship carries about 4 other musical venus I believe. And that is in addition to any special entertainment brought onboard by followers of different bands. One such just did their annual cruise from the Houston area and they are really good. You can look up the "River Road Boys" on the internet and keep up with when their next cruise will be, and you can sample some real Texas music on their site!

There is someone playing keyboard in Schooner I think most evenings...no dancing there.

A 4 piece band plays Ballroom music in the Centrum most evenings (5:15 PM till after midnight). They are onboard about three months and off the same and one of them is Metroline. They are from Poland and we are crazy about them. They have played for us on 4 cruises now and we are on our way down to cruise with them 11/28/04 again! I don't know their alternate group but would assume they are also Ballroom dance music.

There is a Calypso style band for Caribbean and Latin and who knows what all normally at pool deck, and a general interest band that plays about anything from CW to 60s and other popular music. They are in Shall We dance lounge most evenings for larger floor and audiences.

On top of all this, I believe there is a violinist or pianist that plays in the Centrum some afternoons for easy listening.

No wonder RCCL calls her "RHAPSODY"!

a68vet

Archived