Traveling with Young Children

Globe

Would appreciate any feedback on recommended cruise lines for travel with younger children. Have some friends who will be doing a first time cruise experience and they have a 2 and a 3 1/2 yr. old.

They want to be on a good secure vessel which would cater to children as well as offer an overall positive cruise experience for adults. They are family oriented and not at all interested in party ships. Most likely looking at a Caribbean cruise.

Thank You.

Since they have a child who is 2 - look to a newer Carnival ship. The child would be able to go to Camp Carnival and they would change diapers (if needed)

Royal Caribbean's would be next in line for family friendliness....but their club starts at 3 and full potty trained. They have in cabin sitting that starts at 1 though.

Would appreciate any feedback on recommended cruise lines for travel with younger children. Have some friends who will be doing a first time cruise experience and they have a 2 and a 3 1/2 yr. old.

They want to be on a good secure vessel which would cater to children as well as offer an overall positive cruise experience for adults. They are family oriented and not at all interested in party ships. Most likely looking at a Caribbean cruise.

Thank You.

We just went on our first Celebrity cruise with our 4 1/2 yr old daughter and we found the kids program fantastic!! Royal Caribbean's program is also good but our daughter loved the Celebrity program more. There is a small children to guest ratio so the cruise experience for adults is also great.

We also went on Celebrity last year and my 4yo had the time of his life. He never wanted to live the kids club... it was annoying at times but then he was just sooo happy!

We did manage to take him to the pool, excursions and dinner with us, though - just so you don't think we just droped him there all the time ;)

But Celebrity deffinetly pleased him A LOT, that I can say.

I think Celebrity, like RCCL needs kids to be 3 and potty trained for the kids club. So that wouldn't work for the younger child.

I'm sure the mom's out there with older kids might be able to confirm this. I think they also have in room babysitting for a price.

Archived