Rainbird Tours - Ketchikan

Two from Virginia

I was thinking of this tour, and called and tlaked to them about the tour. He states all the things listed you do but it's only 2 1/2 hours long and no dancers at the Village.

The the poster that has gone did you feel it was enough time for the price? What did you actually see and do?

I have not booked it, thought it wouldn't give us enough time.

Please others add your thoughts on this tour. I'm so undecided on Ketchikan, on what to do there are short time in port.

Loooking forward to hearing more on this tour.

The cost of the tour seems to be $10-20 cheaper than other tour companies.

I guess the independent tour companies are not able to book the dancers since the cruise lines have exclusive viewing. Correct me if I am wrong.

That's correct and what he told me when I called.

We did not get to see the dancers, but still had a great time. We actually booked it at the dock each time we went. We saw city highlights, stopped at a fish ladder to watch the salmon and then went to Saxman. We did get to go into the carving shed both times and watch the carvers working on totem poles. We actually had the same tour driver each time and she had lived in Ketchikan for some time and really made the tour enjoyable. If you really want to see the dancers then I would suggest you book through the ship. We have seen the Tlinget dancers in Sitka and it was a nice experience. If I were looking for a tour I think I would chose Rainbird again because we did enjoy it so much.

When you saw the Tlinget dancers in Sitka, did you book at the dock or from the ship?

I see that they perform at the Tribal Community House in town- know if you can buy tickets there? Thanks for any info

When you saw the Tlinget dancers in Sitka, did you book at the dock or from the ship?

I see that they perform at the Tribal Community House in town- know if you can buy tickets there? Thanks for any info

We've seen them twice. Both times we purchased the tickets at the Tribal Community House.

Archived