Royal Champions

Admin

That sounds a little bit like.... why can't every thread on every board be copied onto every other board just in case someone might find it interesting.... If you don't frequent the RCI board you are not likely to find much information about the cruise line on Cruise Critic. Maybe there is something really interesting being talked about on the Carnival board. Could they please copy it over here on the RCI board for those of us who don't go there? Some one might be interested. On second thought....nah.

This site is pretty easy to use but you do have to do a little searching.

Speaking of searching:)........ for those who wondered how the "little people" contact the RCCL execs, just do what I did the other night. Knowing that Fain's and Goldstein's and others emails have been posted countless times on RCCL I just put "Goldstein email" in search. That's how I contacted him. Here's 9 pages to choose from for his address! Pretty simple huh?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=12640395

Will this thread never end?

I cannot keep up with the volume of posts...

In any event, first, let me reiterate:

People can choose to read my many posts or not...Most people I have come across here seem to appreciate my advice--most of which involves sharing my knowledge of my home area of Southern California--where to stay, what to do, how to get there, etc....or of other local cities of which I am very familiar--like San Francisco and the Bay Area...or my advice about the Mexican Riviera--where I cruise on a regular basis...or my advice about Europe and various European cities--where I have cruised several times as well as taken many "land" trips...or my knowledge regarding various ships and cruise lines, my having been on at least 24 cruises in the last 20 years on 7 different cruise lines...

Hopefully, I am respected for that--for having the knowledge and sharing it...

I try to do that in an unbiased manner--though I, as ALL of us, have all sorts of various personal biases for a variety of reasons. Of course, I will admit to my biases and often explain them in my posts...

I do not see fit to publish a lengthy disclaimer on each and every post detailing all of my biases...

Being a "member" of Royal Champions certainly is not the only bias people on this board may have...Many posters have received something in some way, shape or form from many cruise lines...

So, I guess if Royal Champions need be singled out--as "jaxon" and some others seem to have demanded--then, maybe we all should post disclaimers showing all of our biases "so people will have warning"...

Okay, here's mine:

I AM A "ROYAL CHAMPION"...

I am a Diamond Crown & Anchor Member...

Royal Caribbean invited me to a "free" one-day pre-Inaugural...

Royal Caribbean invites me to a Crown & Anchor party on every cruise...

RCI has given me a coupon book with free goodies on every cruise...

RCI has twice upgraded my cabin to a category above what I paid for...

I have personally met and spoken to Adam Goldstein...

I am an Elite Captains Club Member on Celebrity...

Celebrity gives me a coupon book on each cruise...

I have twice been invited to dine at the Captain's Table on Celebrity ships...

...and given free drinks and a free photo...

I have twice been upgraded on Celebrity cruises to cabins in a category above that for which I paid...

I am a Gold level member of Princess Captain's Circle...

I was once invited onboard a Princess ship for a "preview"...

I have spoken on the phone on two occasions to the President of Princess...

I am a "Past Guest" on Carnival...

I was once upgraded to a higher category cabin on a Carnival cruise...

I was invited to dine at the Captain's Table on a Carnival ship...

I am an Oceania Club member...

I have personally exchanged E-Mails with the President of Oceania (who, BTW, not only monitors these boards PERSONALLY, he actually PARTICIPATES himself on the CruiseCritic Oceania board)...

I was, at one time, employed in an executive/professional capacity in the "hospitality business"--first with a major hotel chain, then with a major restaurant chain...

I abhor smoking...

I dislike the notion of "smuggling" drinks on board...

I don't like tacky, gaudy decor...

I am slightly conversant, but not fluent, in Spanish, understand and speak a little German, have some knowledge of Russian and Hebrew...but strongly perfer English be spoken...to the point of a bias if choosing a cruise...

I participate to the letter of the rule in "formal" nights, but don't really like them...

I prefer TRADITIONAL Early seating...

I would rather "dock" than "tender"...

I root for the UCLA Bruins in all things...

For the professional sports, I am partial to the Dodgers, Chargers, Lakers and Ducks...

I couldn't care less about NASCAR or Professional Wrestling...

I like Blonde women...but married a Brunette (Heck, I like Brunette women, too...and Redheads...)

Merrell shoes, no laces...

Chocolate over Vanilla...

White meat chicken over dark meat...

MaryAnn over Ginger...

Okay...there you have it, Jaxon and friends...

THOSE are my biases...Shall I append them to every post?

Okay...now, what are YOURS???

Why not ??

Hi aqhacruiser why do you think Harrison Liu said that ?

"Harrison said that the selection criteria, responsibilities and BENEFITS of Royal Champions are confidential in order to ensure the maximum level of objectivity among the group."

jj....

Frankly I have no idea. I would like to hear some benefits myself because so far they are non existent:)

First, the RC has been in my sig since day one so I have never hidden anything. 2, I am TELLING you I have never received anything from RCCL and that's a fact and if you would like and you are on the same cruise with me someday I will show you my paid receipts from every cruise I've been on and trust me, RCCL's name is NOT on my credit card statement and they are NOT paying my bills, so please don't insult MY integrity and I won't insult your intelligence! Please be aware there are TWO groups of RC's. I was in the second group selected in the fall of 2008. I have not received anything from RCCL, no money, no gifts, no cruises, no perks, nothing for being a RC.

The Royal Champions are one group as a whole. Don't try to change that. Yes the first group chosen did indeed receive a two night on the Liberty. I was one of those people but we are all Royal Champions. Are you now saying that if RCI invites you to a future PI cruise, you will turn it down? Are you trying to put distance between your group and ours who was chosen first? I read your post where you were going to write MSNBC to make sure that they knew two different groups existed. Sounds like you're trying to distance yourself to me. :rolleyes:

Are you saying Harrison Liu, manager of brand communications for Royal Caribbean International didn't say those things - If so what proof have you of that ?

The genie was let out of the bottle by Harrison Liu

jj....

Why must you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over. You're like a broken record... We got you're point after the 20th time you said it.

All of your questions and concerns have been asked and answered...you just didn't like the answers because they're contradictory to what YOU BELIEVE.

Stop stirring the pot and find something else to whine about, will ya?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisenfever viewpost.gif

Whenever I have a question or concern I call the Offices of Executive Customer Service..........which the little people can do also.:D The number is 1-888-305-4626

Just to correct myself :o ................the above number is incorrect. The number for Executive Customer Service is 1-888-767-4644.

The above number is for the RCI Coupon Redemption Center......what was I thinking????:eek:

Patti (& Jim)

little people?????????

what exactly does that mean may I ask?

RCCL and CC likes the RC's they have representing them to add insult to injury??

some of you really need to think before you open your mouths

Wow, talk about flogging a dead horse here. I get better perks being a diamond+ member than any of the RC. Indeed, it is hard not to cruise with RCL after all those trips and the perks I get. Some other lines offer nada. A couple RCL could learn from. It was a real eye opener to find out about it, but did not bother me in the least. As said before, I have found the RC posters to be honest posters.

CC remains the best of all the discussion boards I have read with the widest number of posters.

RCL is the only cruise line that I know of that supports the roll calls. Try to have a meeting on some of the other lines. It is difficult. RCL actually sets them up and gives out prizes and food. (Just what I need on a cruise, more food):D

Alright, back to your corners everyone and come out scratching. I am going cruising on the Voyager this weekend and will have a ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisenfever viewpost.gif

Whenever I have a question or concern I call the Offices of Executive Customer Service..........which the little people can do also.:D The number is 1-888-305-4626

Just to correct myself :o ................the above number is incorrect. The number for Executive Customer Service is 1-888-767-4644.

The above number is for the RCI Coupon Redemption Center......what was I thinking????:eek:

Patti (& Jim)

little people?????????

what exactly does that mean may I ask?

RCCL and CC likes the RC's they have representing them to add insult to injury??

some of you really need to think before you open your mouths

Please read all the posts before you make a comment. I was not the one to use the phrase "little people". If you will note the post below.....you may understand who my response was directed to.....and who used the phrase "little people"!! And this person actually came back and thanked me for the phone number...............which I later realized was incorrect and so I therefore quoted myself and corrected it in another post.

I have a few questions for the Royal Champions. I am assuming alot of the Royal Champions are diamond and diamond plus and im sure some of you are shareholders. When RC started implementing the cutbacks and taking away some of the perks and stopped allowing combining the discounts and the OBC's did you let RC know about your disatisfaction? Do you provide any feedback on any other matters that you are not happy with. I just wonder if these members could also be a voice for the little people that RC is forgetting about.

flagellate away. just read what you write before you post and look at it as someone else might. i appreciated your correction.

nice how you turned it back on me and made yourself the victim. i appreciate how you did that, too.

I correct my error and you brought it back again a second time. Draw any conclusion that you want, but I think a single correction should have sufficed without my having to apologize repeatedly for a missing word. As I said, I'm not a lawyer and sometimes I can make an error. You could have accepted my original correct and we would have both been happy. But you didn't. I don't know why. And you aren't in that group anyway. You have disclosed. It's those that haven't that we are talking about.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You and several of your friends wrote pages of wonderfully maligning disinformation about me behind my back on another forum. Apparently you think that I'm "he is one HUGE PITA on the boards". So just be kind enough to ignore me because I can really do without judgemental people who gossip behind my back.

:

Originally Posted by aqhacruiser

First, the RC has been in my sig since day one so I have never hidden anything. 2, I am TELLING you I have never received anything from RCCL and that's a fact and if you would like and you are on the same cruise with me someday I will show you my paid receipts from every cruise I've been on and trust me, RCCL's name is NOT on my credit card statement and they are NOT paying my bills, so please don't insult MY integrity and I won't insult your intelligence! Please be aware there are TWO groups of RC's. I was in the second group selected in the fall of 2008. I have not received anything from RCCL, no money, no gifts, no cruises, no perks, nothing for being a RC.

The Royal Champions are one group as a whole. Don't try to change that. Yes the first group chosen did indeed receive a two night on the Liberty. I was one of those people but we are all Royal Champions. Are you now saying that if RCI invites you to a future PI cruise, you will turn it down? Are you trying to put distance between your group and ours who was chosen first? I read your post where you were going to write MSNBC to make sure that they knew two different groups existed. Sounds like you're trying to distance yourself to me. :rolleyes:

I have tried to use that example to explain to people too.

The First "Charter member" Royal Champions were actually named on board the Liberty pre-inaugural cruise. Therefore, you are accused of taking a gift of a free cruise.

A bag of goodies, and etc. Because someone posted that. (I did not say that)

I agree a RC is an RC, but we are not the original "charter members" who did meet the people you all met who gave the name out.

The second group of Royal Champions got an email to be selected. Most of these people have never heard another word from anyone.

This is how they are trying to explain the difference in the two groups.

The original on board Liberty, 2007, and the later in 2008.

I had to hop in here. ;)

Many people think everyone has been on a cruise and got lots of gifts.

Not true.

As you and I both know, there are many on here who are not even reading the thread. They see a word and jump in.

They think everyone of the original members, 2007 and second selelcted, 2008 are getting all kinds of free things. You and I know that is not true.

Here is our difference.

ROYAL CHAMPION-"Charter Member" - 2007

Royal Champion Member - 2008

Will this thread never end?

I cannot keep up with the volume of posts...

In any event, first, let me reiterate:

People can choose to read my many posts or not...Most people I have come across here seem to appreciate my advice--most of which involves sharing my knowledge of my home area of Southern California--where to stay, what to do, how to get there, etc....or of other local cities of which I am very familiar--like San Francisco and the Bay Area...or my advice about the Mexican Riviera--where I cruise on a regular basis...or my advice about Europe and various European cities--where I have cruised several times as well as taken many "land" trips...or my knowledge regarding various ships and cruise lines, my having been on at least 24 cruises in the last 20 years on 7 different cruise lines...

Hopefully, I am respected for that--for having the knowledge and sharing it...

I try to do that in an unbiased manner--though I, as ALL of us, have all sorts of various personal biases for a variety of reasons. Of course, I will admit to my biases and often explain them in my posts...

I do not see fit to publish a lengthy disclaimer on each and every post detailing all of my biases...

Being a "member" of Royal Champions certainly is not the only bias people on this board may have...Many posters have received something in some way, shape or form from many cruise lines...

So, I guess if Royal Champions need be singled out--as "jaxon" and some others seem to have demanded--then, maybe we all should post disclaimers showing all of our biases "so people will have warning"...

Okay, here's mine:

I AM A "ROYAL CHAMPION"...

I am a Diamond Crown & Anchor Member...

Royal Caribbean invited me to a "free" one-day pre-Inaugural...

Royal Caribbean invites me to a Crown & Anchor party on every cruise...

RCI has given me a coupon book with free goodies on every cruise...

RCI has twice upgraded my cabin to a category above what I paid for...

I have personally met and spoken to Adam Goldstein...

I am an Elite Captains Club Member on Celebrity...

Celebrity gives me a coupon book on each cruise...

I have twice been invited to dine at the Captain's Table on Celebrity ships...

...and given free drinks and a free photo...

I have twice been upgraded on Celebrity cruises to cabins in a category above that for which I paid...

I am a Gold level member of Princess Captain's Circle...

I was once invited onboard a Princess ship for a "preview"...

I have spoken on the phone on two occasions to the President of Princess...

I am a "Past Guest" on Carnival...

I was once upgraded to a higher category cabin on a Carnival cruise...

I was invited to dine at the Captain's Table on a Carnival ship...

I am an Oceania Club member...

I have personally exchanged E-Mails with the President of Oceania (who, BTW, not only monitors these boards PERSONALLY, he actually PARTICIPATES himself on the CruiseCritic Oceania board)...

I was, at one time, employed in an executive/professional capacity in the "hospitality business"--first with a major hotel chain, then with a major restaurant chain...

I abhor smoking...

I dislike the notion of "smuggling" drinks on board...

I don't like tacky, gaudy decor...

I am slightly conversant, but not fluent, in Spanish, understand and speak a little German, have some knowledge of Russian and Hebrew...but strongly perfer English be spoken...to the point of a bias if choosing a cruise...

I participate to the letter of the rule in "formal" nights, but don't really like them...

I prefer TRADITIONAL Early seating...

I would rather "dock" than "tender"...

I root for the UCLA Bruins in all things...

For the professional sports, I am partial to the Dodgers, Chargers, Lakers and Ducks...

I couldn't care less about NASCAR or Professional Wrestling...

I like Blonde women...but married a Brunette (Heck, I like Brunette women, too...and Redheads...)

Merrell shoes, no laces...

Chocolate over Vanilla...

White meat chicken over dark meat...

MaryAnn over Ginger...

Okay...there you have it, Jaxon and friends...

THOSE are my biases...Shall I append them to every post?

Okay...now, what are YOURS???

ROFLMAO:D You outdid yourself on that one! :D

Ok ready?

Amost forgot.........WARNING! I AM A ROYAL CHAMPION!

I am a Diamond Plus C & A member

I have not received anything in regards to money, invites, inaugurals, incentives, etc. Nothing!

I DID get an invite to the Liberty inaugural in NJ from a TA friend of mine but my rotten family came to visit and I couldn't go :o Does that count?

I only cruise the Explorer so not exactly a poster child for the RCCL fleet

I do get welcome back party invites, Diamond/Plat party invites and Diamond plus invites

I have been to the captains table many times, food is better there! Yes, you can get free drinks at captain table, I get Coke but do not have use my coke card at that dinner:D

I do get free pictures at Captain table and for Diamond Plus luncheons

I have been invited on many tours throughout the ship

As a Diamond Plus memberI do receive fruit baskets and cheese platters and countless chocolate strawberries that I do not like. I would prefer a plain bowl of red raspberries please just in case those people are monitoring me now! Pass it along will you please?:D I have never said anything to the staff as I do not want to hurt their feelings.

I have never met any RCCL execs but I would like to. I have plenty to say at the moment!

I have never been upgraded and sail in a JS and an OS which I pay for unfortunately

Yes! I do get the Diamond/Diamond plus coupon books onboard. Would like more free internet time please for live posts!

I smoke and I am not too fond of non smokers if they are in smoking area complaining

I do not smuggle and rarely drink alcohol and I drink Coke in the CL. Free of course so that's something! lol

I can understand what the crew is saying to me so I do not care what language they are speaking

I hate football

I like the Windjammer best, Portifino second and late seating if I HAVE to go to dining room. Not a fan of dining room food which is no secret on CC if you read my posts. So much for cheerleading there!

I've never had to tender as the Explorer finds docks on my cruises! lol

I hate formal nights and only dress up on the first one for Captain's table. After that we are renegades and doing our own thing in WJ and Portifino

We get a nice C & A gift on every cruises, the past year it's been ball caps, I have a lot of them, want one? lol

I'm a Jersey Girl Trying to get to Europe on the QM2 in Sept but may have to wait until May 2010

My DH is still blond if you ignore the new gray hairs growing in now

I enjoy CC and have met some really wonderful CC people and many of us have continued to cruise together.

White meat over dark

Professor over Gillgan

Hmm...........comparing Ocean Boy's and mine I think we only have chicken in common:D Yet somehow we manage to get along on CC just fine and like I said the RC's are very different from each other so please treat us as individuals and not just lump us together as one group. If you do not want to trust what I post because I'm a RC then there's nothing I can do about that. I help people honestly and the best I can with their questions and will continue to do so.

Please read all the posts before you make a comment. I was not the one to use the phrase "little people". If you will note the post below.....you may understand who my response was directed to.....and who used the phrase "little people"!! And this person actually came back and thanked me for the phone number...............which I later realized was incorrect and so I therefore quoted myself and corrected it in another post.

I did read the post and in your quote those are the words you used, the previous poster meant it in a different way, you had a choice, you did not have to use the phrase again, but you choose to which I found insulting, but wutevaaa!!

im really surprised that some of you choose to keep comming back to argue, its out now, so maybe Cc should just make some guidelines regarding the RC's and call it a day

Fascinating as all this is, the topic is covering the same ground over and over, and getting much ,much too personal IMHO.

Why don't we all use our expertise and skills to help out poor old RCL and CC dig themselves out of this enormous hole they have dug for themselves ?

I would love to be a fly on the wall of those two respective boardrooms as they "brainstorm" their way towards dealing with this PR disaster.

Clearly the RC programme is mortally tainted, every poor soul who says even the least contentious thing on a "normal" thread is going to have their integrity questioned. At which time CC is gonna start pulling threads again and the whole sorry business will repeat itself.

So folks what do they do ? Nothing ? Take Cyanide? What ?

Luv

Cy:)

I did read the post and in your quote those are the words you used, the previous poster meant it in a different way, you had a choice, you did not have to use the phrase again, but you choose to which I found insulting, but wutevaaa!!

im really surprised that some of you choose to keep comming back to argue, its out now, so maybe Cc should just make some guidelines regarding the RC's and call it a day

I am so sorry if you thought I used those words in an offensive/insulting way............that was not my intent. I thought I was using it in the same context as the person I was quoting. I even added a smiley face..........so as not to be insulting. I guess it's just a matter of interpretation..........which can be a problem on message boards.:o I guess I should have just used the word "anybody"!

The poster said " I just wonder if these members could also be a voice for the little people that RC is forgetting about". My response was........... "Whenever I have a question or concern I call the Offices of Executive Customer Service..........which the little people can do also".:D

Nobody that cruises RCI should consider themselves "little people". I've said it before and I will say it again.............everyone who steps foot on an RCI ship should be treated royally.

Still having trouble with the concept, I see, of a BOARD requiring tranparency after it has been complicit. As another poster referenced, you probably also have a problem with elected officials having to file what in Illinois we call the "nun or Catholic" form, which discloses potential conflicts of interest. We call it a "nun" form, because pols who are untaintable (or liars), write, "none, none, none" to all the questions.

You know a few pages back, where that RC said s/he had taken the RC out of his sig line and then had been "ganged up" on (my words) by other RC's to put it back and stick together -- any involvement with that?

You've got some gall even trying to compare Illinois politics to ANYTHING remotely ethical! (where is my puking smilie?) Illinois makes Louisiana politics look like the democratic standard!!! :eek:

I'm not assuming bias... I'm assuming that we have a right to know if there MAY be a bias. Very different things. I haven't said that anyone has a bias, just that if there may be, that it should be disclosed. If you prefer, add the word POTENTIAL bias.

I have NEVER said that anyone was biased. And I think I have said that repeatedly. But someone who discloses is infinitely more trustworthy than someone who doesn't.

Well you KNOW what happens when you ASSume....and why would you ASSUme you have ANY rights on a message board???? I think this is the REAL issue here...a bunch of obsurd demands being made by members that have no right to demand them...

And as I said in an earlier post EVERY review on here and everywhere else on the internet is BIASED!!!!! You may if you choose to read a RC review and think it is even more biased than any other review, fine, be my guest!! OPINIONS are by their very nature BIASED!!! Get over it.....:rolleyes:

Here here

Thats all we ask tranparency !!

jj.....

I think after posting your Transparency demand 476 times we have all gotten it.....and it STILL isn't gonna happen..feel free to start your own TRANPARENT cruise message board :rolleyes:

Why don't we all use our expertise and skills to help out poor old RCL and CC dig themselves out of this enormous hole they have dug for themselves ?

I would love to be a fly on the wall of those two respective boardrooms as they "brainstorm" their way towards dealing with this PR disaster.

Clearly the RC programme is mortally tainted, every poor soul who says even the least contentious thing on a "normal" thread is going to have their integrity questioned. At which time CC is gonna start pulling threads again and the whole sorry business will repeat itself.

Hung out to dry !!

jj......

I don't care what it sounds like to you and what I am saying is we should be treated as individuals not just tagged as a group when we are posting as individuals. The RC's do not have a group opinion or post as a group. You may have an opinion and I have the opposite one but I do not want either one of us to be tagged just as the one opinion of "RC's." I am not a RCCL cheerleader and do not want to be tagged as such nor do I deserve to be. Yes, there are two groups of individuals that were invited to be RC's. You were in the first group, I was in the second and you yourself just pointed that out.

Many in the first group have already seperated themselves from those in the second group by tagging their sigs with "Charter RC Members" so it seems to me they have made the seperation a long time ago.

You bet I am writing a letter to MSNBC as many others have already because the article is incorrect and misleading just like I wrote to Goldstein and many of us were not in the RC program from the beginning and just became members this Sept and I have had the RC tag on my sig since day one so I do not want to read how I am hiding it. They make it sound like we are trying to HIDE that we are RC by not putting it in our posts so we can be reps for RCCL without others knowing. I keep my posts civil to everyone and I and others had no involvement at all with the Moran woman yet once again, the media makes it sound like the RC as a "group" ran her off RCCL and we are not tolerating that nonsense either. Why would you even have a problem with me stating the facts?

The media gave a very slanted incorrect picture of the type of people that make up RC's and YES I am correcting that for myself only. What you choose to do is up to you but in my opinion as individuals we are not being portrayed fairly and I'm not just sitting back and allowing them to get away with that injustice done to me. The article already stated how they traced some IP addresses and how do you know your name will not be released to the media in the future? I don't want my name associated with the things stated in that article as they certainly do not pertain to me.

Would I go if asked to an inaugural? If if was in NY/NJ you bet I would try to go:) and I would post my experience as always on CC, if I had to take the time to fly, probably not especially as I hate to fly which is no secret on CC. Would I allow them to pay for my expenses?, only if I could publish that fact on CC, otherwise I would pay my own way if I wanted to go as I would never want to be put in the position where someone could accuse me a being a paid rep for the company especially in light of all this BS now I know better. If you have a problem with the way the media is presenting this then I suggest you write your opinion to them also as many of us are already doing that just like I wrote to that first website that I first read this nonsense on.

"Hi All~ I am a PR mgr. at HAL and will be chiming in here from time to time. I want to assure everyone that we do not have paid evangelists on any boards."

Humor on this thread. Funnier then heck. I almost fell on of the floor. I'm sure some are all upset by this comment but quite frankly, RCI has set themselves up for these types of comments and I'm sure we'll be reading more over the coming weeks, truthful or not.

"....we do not have paid evangelists on any boards." Gotta love it.....still shaking my head and laughing, and thanks to RCI for settting themselves up for this. It was very good of them to play the "straight man".

I DEMAND you put your title in your signature line!!! And while your at it make it blink so I won't miss it....

TRANSPARENCY!:eek: :D :p :D :p

Archived