Cruise Critic is now showing at Coconuts!!

ccxnola

It was a GREAT Mardi Gras 2009 cruise on Voyager OTS out of Galveston. Krewe of RCCL had two FUN parades and tossed over 600 pounds of beads!!

BUT...day tour in Cozumel...visit the Tequilla Factory Display (free samples of various styles) then to Coconuts for Lunch. Another Margarita later, I'm missing my lovely Blue Cruise Critic shirt - it is supposed to be up there in the rafters!! So - when you are next in Cozumel and you visit Coconuts for lunch and / or a Margarita - have a look and let me know if it is there!! Thanks!!

(Jimmy Buffett is right - Tequilla makes your clothes fall off!!)

Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll !! :D

Charles

Captain of the Krewe of RCCL

(Revelers of Cruise Critic unLimited)

We did the 5-day on the Carnival Fantasy out of NOLA the week before Mardi Gras. Awesome cruise. Wonderful time in NOLA.

For our day in Cozumel, we rented some Jeeps and did a pub crawl around the island. Everything about that day was amazing, EXCEPT for Coconuts.

Warning if you're easily disgusted, stop reading now.

We hit the Rasta Bar, Coconuts, Senor Iguanas/Mescalitos, and a couple other bars as we made our way around the island. We stopped off at Coconuts for lunch (it came highly recommended from folks on this board), but we got a gander of their cooking staff and hit the road. One of the cooks had allergies or a nasty cold. He was sneezing into his bare hand, then handling the food. No wash. No wipe.

I'm not too particular about my food... You don't get to be "Fat Boy" by being picky. Still, this made my stomach turn just a little. I might've still stayed, but the Mrs. just wasn't having it. Maybe we just hit them on a bad day. Maybe a lot of places are like that and I just turn a blind eye to it.

We finally had lunch up at Senor Iguanas. The Mexican platter was outstanding - and big!

We did the 5-day on the Carnival Fantasy out of NOLA the week before Mardi Gras. Awesome cruise. Wonderful time in NOLA.

For our day in Cozumel, we rented some Jeeps and did a pub crawl around the island. Everything about that day was amazing, EXCEPT for Coconuts.

Warning if you're easily disgusted, stop reading now.

We hit the Rasta Bar, Coconuts, Senor Iguanas/Mescalitos, and a couple other bars as we made our way around the island. We stopped off at Coconuts for lunch (it came highly recommended from folks on this board), but we got a gander of their cooking staff and hit the road. One of the cooks had allergies or a nasty cold. He was sneezing into his bare hand, then handling the food. No wash. No wipe.

I'm not too particular about my food... You don't get to be "Fat Boy" by being picky. Still, this made my stomach turn just a little. I might've still stayed, but the Mrs. just wasn't having it. Maybe we just hit them on a bad day. Maybe a lot of places are like that and I just turn a blind eye to it.

We finally had lunch up at Senor Iguanas. The Mexican platter was outstanding - and big!

EWWW...your Mrs. is a smart lady. That's just gross.

EWWW...your Mrs. is a smart lady. That's just gross.

She can't be all THAT smart. 14 years, and she hasn't realized she could do so much better than me! :D

Seriously... I probably would have stayed, but stuck to just drinks. The view was simply amazing, and the ambiance was great. Had that incident not happened while we were waiting for a table, we probably wouldn't have known just how awesome the food at Senor Iguana's was!

Archived