Roll Call Pride - June 22

luv-cruising

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll be on same ship, same cruise, in August. I'd be very interested to read people's impressions regarding any private activities in St. Petersburg, so I hope some of your will provide a postscript after you return.

On a related note, there's a "Pride July18" thread below in which Chairsin indicates some difficulty obtaining visas. I assume if you're planning something privately, it becomes your responsibility to take care of ALL details including visas.

To follow up on this VISA issue -- the Russian government has a special arrangement with cruise ship operators that allows the passengers to enter St.Petersburg for up to 72 hours without a VISA if they either arrange for tours with a private tour operator(such as red October or DenRus) or the cruise ship tour operator. But the passengers must be with that tour operator at all times when they are off the ship.Sounds like a great way for the Russian government to employ alot of people in the tour industry. Even in Vietnam we were able to get our own VISAs so we could wander around on our own.

• 1 month later...

Did you get a St. Petersberg tour set up? We were just going to do the Seabourn St. Petersberg tours but might still be interested.

Looking forward to the trip. See you on board the 22nd.

Dan and Georgina Hogan

Seattle Wa

Archived