Visa OBC-4 to 6 weeks??

I just called BOA to redeem my points for OBC and they told me it would take 4-6 weeks for me to receive the certificates in the mail???:confused: We leave in about 5 weeks for our cruise....please tell me it doesn't take that long to get them in the mail?:(:(:(

I just called BOA to redeem my points for OBC and they told me it would take 4-6 weeks for me to receive the certificates in the mail???:confused: We leave in about 5 weeks for our cruise....please tell me it doesn't take that long to get them in the mail?:(:(:(
Okay, it doesn't take that long to get them in the mail. :D

Seriously, I've always gotten mine in 10 days to 2 weeks.

I rec'd mine in about a week. Then I just forwarded them to my Travel Agent for processing.
Always got mine in less than 2 weeks!

Also, you might want to skip your TA. After making photocopies, I send mine straight to the RCI Wichita, KS address listed on the certificate. I make copies for my TA so they can confirm that OBC has been posted.

I received mine last Friday. Took 7 days!:) I sent them in and I received a phone call from the Rewards Dept Today, they have been applied!

The reason for the phone call was, the Balcony price ( which is the category I have booked), was cheaper than the OV price, and I was credited for the free fare for 2 for the Balcony!

It is usually pretty fast, as others have said. I recently used one within a couple weeks of my cruise -- just got the coupon number and called it in. It was applied, and I was told when my certificate did come, to just mail it in to Whichita, even if it was after my cruise -- it's been about a month, and I am back home, and I have still not received that coupon to send to them, however.

I tried to cash in my RCL Visa points a month before I left on my February 22, 2009, cruise and was told the same thing. Lets think of it this way and it will be easier to understand why Bank of America requires that they have a certain amount of leadway time.

NOW LETS PRETEND THAT....

You call up Bank of America and tell them you want to turn in some of your points. They need at least a day to take your request. One of the service representatives then she forwards your request to the Data Processing Department so they can print your coupons. Now remember, they print hundreds of coupons a day so yours is not the only request they have to do. Then it is off to the mail room to be processed and mailed to you. This takes another day or two depending on whether or not if it is a weekend. Your coupons then goes through the U.S. Mail system and final makes it to your house, a week later. You then take a day or two to read the fine print, decide what you want and then mail it back. Back through the mail system it goes to the mail room at Bank of America with a thousand other pieces of mail. But wait - somewhere between when they mail it to you, you mail it back and they receive it something goes wrong. Could it be a mail carrier's strike :eek: (oh my) or a complete computer system crashes at the Bank of America center. :eek: :eek: (Double Oh MY)! Two days later all computer systems are back up and running and the ship you are sailing on finally gets the word that you wanted a $200 OBC to use in the spa. The only problem is that by the time everyone is notified of what you want you have already been on your cruise and back home for a week. And you just lost your points and can't get them back.

I always see a glass half full and never half empty. I have work in computer departments for over 35 years and I have seen everything happen.

Just keep building up your points and use them on your next cruise. I am glad I did because now I will have more points to use for my 2010 cruise.

I have a 4 night cruise booked on the Radiance in September. I booked it quite a while ago and got a great price. Since then prices have gone up dramatically! I was hoping to use 25,000 credits for a free companion fare for an OV, paying for the upgrade to a D1. If I use the free Companion Fare do they calculate what I will owe based on the price I booked or the price when I turn in the coupon? If they calculate it on current prices the amount I will still owe is almost the same as I owe now without the coupon!:eek: I'm not sure if I will have the 50,000 necessary for the free fare for 2 by then or not. Since there is no guarantee the left coast will continue to have 4 night cruises after this year I am not sure if I should cash in a few for OBC or hold on to them if it makes no sense to use them for the companion fare.......:confused:

We recieved our in about two weeks. Forwarded them the next day. My T/A reported a week later that they were applied along with her OBC's that she gave us. It looks like you have a cruise later on in the year. Worse case scenario is that you have them applied to that cruise. At least you won't lose the credits. GOOD LUCK.

We recieved our in about two weeks. Forwarded them the next day. My T/A reported a week later that they were applied along with her OBC's that she gave us. It looks like you have a cruise later on in the year. Worse case scenario is that you have them applied to that cruise. At least you won't lose the credits. GOOD LUCK.

We are hoping to cancel that cruise in November. lol sounds crazy, right? But really we are hoping to get pregnant within the next few months, in which case we would cancel the cruise to save money for the baby. The November cruise will be our "we are disappointed that we haven't conceived yet so we are going to blow some money and drown our sorrows in the Mexican Riviera" cruise:D

I just received my coupons a few days ago and it took about 4 weeks. I mailed them right away to RCCL in Kansas and did them certified. I found out today they have received them so I am good to go for my OBC.

I tried to cash in my RCL Visa points a month before I left on my February 22, 2009, cruise and was told the same thing. Lets think of it this way and it will be easier to understand why Bank of America requires that they have a certain amount of leadway time.

NOW LETS PRETEND THAT....

You call up Bank of America and tell them you want to turn in some of your points. They need at least a day to take your request. One of the service representatives then she forwards your request to the Data Processing Department so they can print your coupons. Now remember, they print hundreds of coupons a day so yours is not the only request they have to do. Then it is off to the mail room to be processed and mailed to you. This takes another day or two depending on whether or not if it is a weekend. Your coupons then goes through the U.S. Mail system and final makes it to your house, a week later. You then take a day or two to read the fine print, decide what you want and then mail it back. Back through the mail system it goes to the mail room at Bank of America with a thousand other pieces of mail. But wait - somewhere between when they mail it to you, you mail it back and they receive it something goes wrong. Could it be a mail carrier's strike :eek: (oh my) or a complete computer system crashes at the Bank of America center. :eek: :eek: (Double Oh MY)! Two days later all computer systems are back up and running and the ship you are sailing on finally gets the word that you wanted a $200 OBC to use in the spa. The only problem is that by the time everyone is notified of what you want you have already been on your cruise and back home for a week. And you just lost your points and can't get them back.

I always see a glass half full and never half empty. I have work in computer departments for over 35 years and I have seen everything happen.

Just keep building up your points and use them on your next cruise. I am glad I did because now I will have more points to use for my 2010 cruise.

The certificates are NOT mailed back to BofA, but rather to RCCL.

Just call BOA and ask for the coupon number. Call RCL and verbally give them the number, they will apply the credit. This is what I did.

I tried doing this 2 weeks ago! In the past they have always took the # and applied the credit. This time the woman in the Rewards Dept told me she couldn't do it.

She explained they have to verify the # with BOA and see the actual certificate before they will go through the motions. I told her my final payment is due in 3 weeks and it is for the free fare for 2! tough luck. I had to send the certificate in ( took 8 days to get the certificate from BOA), mailed them in to Wichitka, and within 3 days after mailing they were applied!:)

Always got mine in less than 2 weeks!

Also, you might want to skip your TA. After making photocopies, I send mine straight to the RCI Wichita, KS address listed on the certificate. I make copies for my TA so they can confirm that OBC has been posted.

I agree... send direct, we did last time, no problems...

I understand RCCL is VERY behind on these points certificates. I received my certificate within two weeks of requesting it, however, my TA says RCL has still not posted it to my account. It's not a problem for me since my cruise is still a year away, but RCL said they are back-logged and the process is taking longer than usual.

We usually receive ours in 7 to 10 days. However, when I request the redemption from BOA, I ask the representative to provide me with the coupon no(s) while on the line so I have those as reference. If I am cutting things just a bit close, I'll wait several days and call RCCL to apply the coupons with the no(s) and advise I will be mailing the completed coupons shortly.

So far, this has worked well for us.

• 2 weeks later...
We usually receive ours in 7 to 10 days. However, when I request the redemption from BOA, I ask the representative to provide me with the coupon no(s) while on the line so I have those as reference. If I am cutting things just a bit close, I'll wait several days and call RCCL to apply the coupons with the no(s) and advise I will be mailing the completed coupons shortly.

So far, this has worked well for us.

I have another question to add onto this with regards to calling RCI to give them the coupon number.

First, what RCI number do I call? Secondly, the lady on the BofA end of the phone didn't really know what the coupon number was... she seemed to think it was the same as what she called a referral number, which she gave me. It's 14 numbers and ends in "RL." Does that sound like a Reward Coupon number?

Hm... I really procrastinated here! :rolleyes:

Archived