Return Flight Timing??

VikingChick

I know Carnival recommends booking your return flight after 11:30 for Miami, but would a 11:09 flight be cutting it too close? Do you think we could make it off the boat, to the airport and through security in time for the flight? The next flight leaves at 4:20. I much rather be on my way back home than sitting around the airport all afternoon.

I know Carnival recommends booking your return flight after 11:30 for Miami, but would a 11:09 flight be cutting it too close? Do you think we could make it off the boat, to the airport and through security in time for the flight? The next flight leaves at 4:20. I much rather be on my way back home than sitting around the airport all afternoon.

There is a way to do this and here is how.

Sign up for the luggage express service. Luggage express is where you pay the purser between 15.00 and 20.00 depending on which ship and port I think, and give them your flight information. The purser will print your tickets for you. The last night you set out your luggage and will not see it again until you get to your home airport.

You will be the first off of the ship once it clears customs in the morning. I did this and was off of the ship and to the airport by a few minutes past 8am.

The second option is to carry your own luggage off of the ship and still be one of the first off and catch a cab.

It is up to you to decide if you want to try it or not and there is no way to know the factors involved in your on time arrival back to Miami after your cruise. Only you can decide.

Thanks Ron for the advise! If we carried our own luggage off the boat and did the self debarkation, how does that exactly work?

If you do self assist you just don't set your luggage out the last night. There should be information in your stateroom the last night as to where to meet in the morning to be led off the ship, or you can ask the purser.

You may meet in the main theatre at a certain time and a crew member will line everyone up single file to the gangway and off you go.

If you choose to do this then be prepared to handle all the luggage yourself until you find a cab.

This is the second quickest way. BE WARNED. This method is becoming more popular. I would highly recommend the luggage express. If not then the self assist is just as good, just more work.

If your ship arrives on time and customs ok's the ship as normal then you should be ok, but of course nobody can know what will happen on the day your ship returns.

I say go for it, but dont hold me accountable lol.

Archived