Favorite Dishes on the Star and why

AdoptAtty

My favorite thing on our 2-21-09 cruise was the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict from Cagney's for breakfast. Our cruise was for 7 days and I had them 5 days. Yumm.

Probably as yummy as the same on the Dawn! I'm wondering if they have the same PIZZA as they do on Dawn Impressions and the same RIBS as in Bamboo... oh man those were good.

We thoroughly enjoyed our tenderloin at LeBistro - along with the chocolate fondue for desert!
LeBistro is on my list for the next cruise. Is the tenderloin a dish for two? or did each of you order it?

In the main dining room:

pumpkin lobster bisque - rich, creamy buttery soup

tilapia with a lemony butter sauce

banana mango chilled soup

Le Bistro:

wild mushroom soup

fruit and cake chunks with the dark choclate sauce served in pineapple

AND: anytime something was brought from room service just because it was a fun luxory!

LeBistro is on my list for the next cruise. Is the tenderloin a dish for two? or did each of you order it?

The beef tenderloin is for an individual. However, a new offering on the Sky was the 32 oz. ribeye for two (for the upcharge of $10pp I think). We didn't order it but I saw several being served. They bring it on a cart and carve it at your table.

We just got back from our very first cruise, but my faves were: the chilled fruit soups, the souffle desserts, and the lobster in Le Bistro.

Why? Because they were yummy.

For those who have cruised the Star, did anyone come across any peach or apple cobbler? I go nuts for either one, :D:D:D:D

For those who have cruised the Star, did anyone come across any peach or apple cobbler? I go nuts for either one, :D:D:D:D

They had a peach and blue berry cobbler 2 weeks ago. I wasn't crazy about it. It was cold and didn't have much fruit. It's definately not like a cobbler I make at home. It was more like a bread tart (about 1" thick) with a couple slices of peach and a few berries. It did have vanilla ice cream on top. :)

A few years ago there was something similar to cobbler served at the buffet. It was by the desserts in a chafing dish. I believe it was cherry -- but they also had a DELICIOUS bread pudding, on the days that they didn't have the "cobbler" -- which we usually called "cherry crisp".

Yes, we did have the pizza from La Trattoria -- we had no complaints. It was a thin crust, but tasty. The pizza just didn't seem hot enough -- mostly room temperature -- even from room service -- didn't stop us from ordering it again, though!

Yes, we did have the pizza from La Trattoria -- we had no complaints. It was a thin crust, but tasty. The pizza just didn't seem hot enough -- mostly room temperature -- even from room service -- didn't stop us from ordering it again, though!

You'd think I'd find something else to be obsessed about, but the pizza on the Dawn, at Impressions... I am still craving it... it was so good.

On the Pearl and the Jewel, they had a peach and an apple cobler. Both times I almost finished the tray, :p. Guess someone's going to have to twist my arm to try the coblers on the Star;). Happy Cruising all.

My husband will second the person who likes the pumpkin lobster bisque...he ordered seconds and loved every drop. He loved the flavor and velvety-ness. I don't like seafood, so I can't comment.

We both loved the chilled soups and the filet mignon in the teppanyaki room. It was incredibly tender. In fact, teppanyaki was our favorite dining experience on the ship.

Also good was Il Popo in Endless Summer. The unique presentation is what made it a standout.

Do the menus change at all from one destination to another -- for example, from sails to Alaska vs sails to Mexico? I'm wondering since obviously there is a significant change in weather and temperature and some foods/menus seem more suited to different climes.

All that said, I know I will enjoy it all!

Archived