Duty Free at Pier prices

rainforestgirl

I was in OSJ last night (4 cruise ships in town!). I picked up the brochure the duty free shops give out with the products and prices. If anyone wants an idea of liquor available and prices, just ask.

Only 3 types of champagne listed,no other wines or beers mentioned in the ad.

I was in OSJ last night (4 cruise ships in town!). I picked up the brochure the duty free shops give out with the products and prices. If anyone wants an idea of liquor available and prices, just ask.

Only 3 types of champagne listed,no other wines or beers mentioned in the ad.

I would love a copy,

sailorwife@rogers.com

Thanks

I thought this might be popular!

It is a 16 page booklet. When I get a chance, I will somehow try to post the info.

(ps- don't add your email address here- it opens you up to spam).

ATL1sttime- This Duty free shop is at the pier- so you would have to buy on embarkation, before you get to the other islands.....

My posting of the whole thing might not be in time for you -

Do you have any specific brands you want to know about in the mean time?

"coquishideaway" is out in the yard working on one of our flower gardens by the pool -- I'm putting off fixing the kitchen sink ... so I'll answer :rolleyes:

Freixenet - Cordon Negro 750ml @ $6.95

Freixenet - Carta Nevada 750ml @ $6.95

Martini & Rossi Asti 750ml @ $7.95

J&W Black Label no price listed, just says "save over 50% off US Retail" & buy 2 get 1 free (a USA $24.95 value) which makes me guess their price is around $12 for 375ml

J&W Black Label 4.5 liter @ $139.95

Grey Goose 1 liter @ $28.95

Ketel One vodka is not listed.

That's all that was listed in the 16-page ad we have. Can't get into the duty free shop without a cruise-ship ticket, which we don't have (we live here).

Take a look at this other thread that lists champagnes available at SuperMax, a grocery store in Old San Juan -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=936497 (look at the 9th post in the thread).

I have a quick question, do you know if the grocery store in Old San Juan (was it the SuperMax) has the margarita mix in a bucket? Also, if they do can you give me directions from the Sheraton?

Thanks in advance!

Teresa

p.s. from another topic--I contacted the company that does the Bio-luminescent tours that includes dinner about availability for either Mar. 28 or 29, and haven't received an answer since this past Sat. Is there a direct email that I can write to them with? We really don't want to miss it.

Directions from Sheraton to SuperMax ... Walk north-west until you get to the corner of San Francisco and Cruz streets. This map should help.

Regarding the bio bay ... Just pick up the phone and give them a call. Their English is fine. Their phone number is in http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/eastwind-vieques-biobay/

If you buy $100 or more they put your purchase in the blow up bags free and put the entire order in a nice roll on canvas bag. Of course they hold this on board until the last day. The prices were better on some items, higher on others. Baileys was $18.99 ea and you get a 375 ml w/2. Many other brands have similar deal. Bet you could take the 375 on board as I did. Stoli $10.95, Gold-$14.95, Elit $44.95 (saw it for less)Alsolut $11.95 Danska (the Aluminum bottle) $10.95. They had a lot of other brands. Really good prices on very old scotches.

They also have a close out rack with some stuff 50% off.

Wow this is great! So this is the duty free shop right when you area about to check in? Do they also sell mixers, tonic, sodas? I think someone mentioned that they do but it's very limited. Also, does anyone know their hours? My board has embarkation from 2PM-9PM, and I'm thinking about checking out the town a little bit before getting onboard. Does the place close at 5PM or whenever the boarding would end?

• 2 weeks later...

They do sell Tonic, I bought some, and if you want to bring liquor on board, buy the 200ml and 375ml... You can put them in your carry on...

The prices on the cruise dock are close to 50% off US prices, however the prices at the airport are close to 25%-30%. If you are planning the bring some liquor home, buy it at the cruise dock. I did. You can find Dewars 18years old at the dock, but not at the airport. I have a flyer from the airport DF, I will be glad to look up prices if anyone is interested.

I'll be in San Juan, in August. The Liberty will stop there for one day, during the day. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to purchase liquor from the duty free shop at the pier during a day visit?

I'll be in San Juan, in August. The Liberty will stop there for one day, during the day. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to purchase liquor from the duty free shop at the pier during a day visit?

During a port-stop? No.

Passengers only have access to the duty free shop at the pier during embarkation.

During a port-stop? No.

Passengers only have access to the duty free shop at the pier during embarkation.

Drats!! I really liked the prices that I saw a couple of weeks ago and the special boxes for checking, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
During a port-stop? No.

We were there on a day stop on Carnival Miracle in December, 2007, and we were in the shops. The guys all had their little tables set up outside, giving away the samples. Lots of people were buying!

How do you get liquor on the boat that you want to drink in your room? I know Carnival allows 1 bottle of wine or champaign per person. Have anyone tried to bring on more liquor than allowed?

Katie

It depends per cruiseline and port. Multiple people in this forum have stated that if you are on Carnival embarking in San Juan, you can buy liquor at the store in the port and put the bottles in your carry-on, and nobody cares. Apparently even the store employees tell you this. If you have it in a plastic bag, it will be confiscated, but if you put it in your carry-on, you can walk right on board, and the security that scans your bags ignore it.

Archived