Temperatures for 6-20 Alaskan Cruise?

MESPal

We are scheduled for a 7 day Inside Passage Alaskan cruise aboard the Golden Princess. For those of you who have been to Alaska that time of year what temperatures should we expect and will there be much humidity at that time?

I'm so excited! Thanks for any info you can provide.

We are scheduled for a 7 day Inside Passage Alaskan cruise aboard the Golden Princess. For those of you who have been to Alaska that time of year what temperatures should we expect and will there be much humidity at that time?

I'm so excited! Thanks for any info you can provide.

The weather can vary from year to year, and that includes the rain. For Alaska, it's always best to pack/dress in layers as it can go from one extreme to the other very quickly. And don't forget some type of rain gear. If you don't need it, it will be a waste of luggage space, but if you do need it, it could save your cruise! Enjoy!

I can vouch for the weather. There is no humidity(hot & humid type) per se in alaska. I have been there in June where it was 75 degrees in Ketchikan and the next week it was pouring rain. We did a B2B. You just have to be prepared. As a poster said layer, layer and more layer. Bring a raincoat not a heavy parka type jacket unless you are walking around the glaciers.

I fully agree with the other posters. I also had a pair of mittens for the touring of the Glaciers, College Fijord once and Sawyer once. it does get a bit nippy around them. Also, a hood is helpful for winds. One year 75-80 in ports, another year, same time, 50-60. It all depends on Mother Nature. BUT it is beautiful and oh so worth it.

I currently live in Alaska and have for over 40 years. My best advice is to layer!! I have experienced 90 above in June and have worn gloves and long johns only a few days later. It is always better to be able to take off than not have something to put on!!

Have fun! :)

I can't figure out how to put in my "countdown clock" but my husband and I will be heading out on the Sapphire Princess on April 11!!

We went on this cruise during the same weeks two years ago. One day I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and the next day I was wearing jeans and a fleece jacket. I would recommend bringing a hat and gloves also. I was really happy that I brought a couple pair of shorts because I did wear them. It is a great trip...have fun.

Archived