Romecabs - credit card

I know many of you have used this service, and I know when booking online you don't have to reserve with a credit card. However, I would like to know if we can pay with a credit card at the end of the ride or if it is cash only. Thank you.

I know many of you have used this service, and I know when booking online you don't have to reserve with a credit card. However, I would like to know if we can pay with a credit card at the end of the ride or if it is cash only. Thank you.

The way I understand it it is cash only. But why don't you just ask the??:cool:

I just booked transfers with Rome Cabs. Before I booked I had read good reviews about their service. On my confirmation it said "Cash only in Euros on the day of the service". No credit cards.

So everyone has had a good experience with Rome Cabs? We have them booked with Big Marco for a driver for a shore excursion in June. Are there any bad reports I should be worried about? (Not that I am, just to confirm for others in our party who seem to be worried about private tours and getting back to the ship on time)

Thanks,

Lisa

I have a tour booked with RomeCabs in early May..It's been a pleasure working with Stefano on our tour with Payment in Cash Euro at the end of tour..If I'm not mistaken..It's posted on the website..

I've been taking private tours for a number of years and haven't come close to 'missing the ship'...Let's face it..it's not in an operator's best interest or good for business to have customers missing their ship...Doing business with established companies will give you peace of mind and an enjoyable tour..

Carol

Is there a driver you could recommend? I have booked Rome cabs for my cruise in June and I've heard with some companies there is a big difference from driver to driver.

We had Stephano as the driver on our tour last July and he was

wonderful. Big Marco was the driver for our transfers

and very good. Stephano indicated in emails that if he

could not make it, he would send Mauricio whom he

said was good but we did get Stephano.

You can email Stephano and see if he is available

or who you might prefer as you get more information.

We paid in Euros at the end of the tour and for transfers.

Was delighted with the services and would use them again.

Through several e-mails with Stefano we arranged our itinerary and understanding we would pay Euros at the end of the day (never asked for funds up front). I don’t think using credit cards was ever an option but I’m never comfortable e-mailing my CC number and Stefano never asked for it. He just politely/professionally reserved the date/time/itinerary via e-mail and when we got off our ship there was our driver:D.

Have a great cruise!

John

We had mauritzio not sure of the spelling and he was fantastic, we saw in four hours more of Rome than many people see in a week! Loved the tour so much did another half day one after our cruise. We did pay cash- make sure to include a tip for the driver, these guys live for the tips- with gas so expensive they don't make much, I think they do it because they love what they do, such enthusiasm!

So everyone has had a good experience with Rome Cabs? We have them booked with Big Marco for a driver for a shore excursion in June. Are there any bad reports I should be worried about? (Not that I am, just to confirm for others in our party who seem to be worried about private tours and getting back to the ship on time)

Thanks,

Lisa

Big Marco was a highlight of our trip. We had a Rome excursion with him and from beginning to end it was exceptional. He went out of his way to find something for one of the people in our group(souvenier) and we couldnt believe he went above and beyond. It was unexpected and it set the bar high for us for the rest of our tours. I will not speak for others, but there are many reviews out their for Lil' Marco and Mauricio that are very positive as well. Go with confidence.

We're booked with Rome Cabs for a few transfers coming up -- how much would you tip for a ride from the airport to Rome or Rome to Civitavecchia? The port to FCO? Does it make a difference with the longer transfers or just a general tip amount, same for each run?

Thanks for any guidance.

We're booked with Rome Cabs for a few transfers coming up -- how much would you tip for a ride from the airport to Rome or Rome to Civitavecchia? The port to FCO? Does it make a difference with the longer transfers or just a general tip amount, same for each run?

Thanks for any guidance.

Our price with Stefano is 55 euro from FCO to our hotel near the Termini station for 4 people. 45 for two.

From the hotel to the ship and the ship to FCO 150 Euro each way for 4 people.

KY Deb - so will you tip on top of that?

Sorry, I skimmed through your first post and thought you were asking about prices. I think we'll tip like 5 Euros on the transfer from FCO to the hotel, and maybe a little more for the other transfers. Not a whole bunch. From what I've read in guide books in Italy, it is appropriate to round up a little over the price for good service.

Sparky: Hey - we are on the ride share with you to the port from Rome. We always tip our drivers. Usually 5-10 euros if we are alone... but since there will be 3 couples sharing this ride we can "pool" our tip. That is what we did in Naples for our driver we had for the whole day. TEX

Archived