Disembarking Horizon in Tampa Question...

Indiana Jones

We got off Horizon two weeks ago. You are asked to fill out a form near the end of the cruise, asking your flight info. They then assign you a disembarkation time...you are told to be at your specified lounge at a certain time, then a few moments later you are told to then go down to deck 5 to disembark. We live in Tampa, so we were given a late time, 9:40 to be at the rendesvous lounge. Once you are off the ship, you then have customs...it took a while to get through that. I think a noon flight is pushing it, since the airlines want you there probably two hours before. They definitely have improved the disembarkation process, as you can stay in your cabin until your designated time...we had a nice breakfast first, then returned to our room and hung out for a while. I hope this helps.:)

We have sailed out of Tampa 3 times. Two of the cruises were at least 2 hours late returning due to port issues--fog or late boarding of pilot or something like that. It takes a couple of hours to get through Tampa Bay. On at least one cruise, making a noon flight would have been difficult. Fortunately, it's a quick trip to the airport and they do a great job of getting folks with early flights off the ship quickly. I have never booked a flight leaving before 1 p.m., but on our last Tampa cruise, my sister and her husband's flights got changed by the airline to 11 a.m. They did make it but it was a little stressful for them worrying about it.

Archived