?s about naples

Hi everyone. my questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone use Drive Sorrento private tour company?

2. How big are the cabs at the naples port? Do they all fit only four or are there bigger ones. and if anyone hired one for the day, what was the cost?

Thanks to all for your help.

I cannot answer your first question since we do not use hired drivers in Europe (we drive ourselves). But, as to taxis, most will only hold 4 persons. But, there are usually a few larger taxis (some vans..SUVs, etc) but it's first come-first serve and you need a little luck. As to the cost, they will charge as much as the market will allow, so the more ships the higher the cost. For a full day you are generally going to pay at least 300 Euros and often more. The big question for this spring and summer is going to be if the bad economy helps bring down the prices!

Hank

My fiance and I will be docking in Naples for a Medi. Cruise on Oct. 4th. We are thinking of taking the train from Naples to Salerno and then hopping on a 9:30 a.m.ferry from Salerno to Sorrento, stopping in Amalfi, Positano, and then Sorrento.

Do you think this is a good plan or should we take the SITA buses? Or something completely different? I read that the SITA buses are extremely crowded on the weekends (we'll be in Naples on a Sunday).

We are also wanting to visit Pompei for a couple of hours before we head back to the ship via train.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

That is a very interesting and unique itinerary. Assuming you can make it to Salerno in time for your ferry I guess it works. But, those boats only stop for a few minutes at each of their ports, so it sounds like you will just have a nice ride along the coast back to Sorrento. Am I missing something here?

Hank

We have a limited amount of time. We thought the ride along the coast would be the best option to view the Amalfi Coast, have lunch in Sorrento, and still give us time to walk around Pompeii. Our ship docks at 7:00 a.m. and the train to Salerno leaves at 7:48 a.m. It's a 50 minute train ride to Salerno. Do you think this is the best option to see the Almafi coast? Do you think that we would not be able to make the ferry?

Thanks for your help!

Archived