Doubletree San Pedro to Long Beach terminal

tropicgirl3

They pretty much don't.

Crowne Plaza is currently the only hotel in San Pedro that does that on a regular/normal basis.

If you happen to get super lucky, and they're super bored with nothing to do they might.

But I wouldn't count on it.

Taxi should be about $10 to $15 bucks.

They pretty much don't.

Crowne Plaza is currently the only hotel in San Pedro that does that on a regular/normal basis.

If you happen to get super lucky, and they're super bored with nothing to do they might.

But I wouldn't count on it.

Taxi should be about $10 to $15 bucks.

CJW would the cab fare be that little? I was $20 + tip from the "World Cruise Center" to the Avis office in Long Beach recently.:)

CJW would the cab fare be that little? I was $20 + tip from the "World Cruise Center" to the Avis office in Long Beach recently.:)

I'm being a bit conservative, as it could be $20, but probably not more than that.

If you have a good cab driver, it's a fast straightforward trip from Doubletree to Carnival/Long Beach actual drop off.

Not a lot of stop lights, or driving around "downtown" Long Beach - which is what adds more $$ to the fare.

Mostly a straight over the VT Bridge and freeway, right to the Dome.;)

If you get a "cool" cab driver, then it can easily be done for about $10 to $15.

If you get a "sneaky" or "slow" cab driver, then yes, you are probably more in the $20 range.

Know what I mean?:cool:

QUICK QUESTION....does the CP have shuttle service from LAX? I am just starting to get things organized for next Feb., and actually have no idea where the airport is in relation to the pier...any help would be appreciated. Cruise leaves according to Oceania site...LA, but i dont think that is the actual cruise port???

Is the Crown Plaza close to the water and ships and is it a nice hotel?

The Crowne Plaza is very nice, and is actually closer to the San Pedro port than the Double Tree, though it is not on the water, more downtown. But you can ask for a view of the port, and you will be able to see your ship.

Is the Crown Plaza close to the water and ships and is it a nice hotel?

Of the the two hotels, the CP and the DTI, we prefer the DTI just because of its park like stetting and the fact that it overlooks the LA Yacht Club and a marina. You can have a meal or a drink almost on the docks. As the OP has said the CP is closer to the cruise terminal but not on the water. Both are good hotels and you really can't make a bad decision on either one.:)

Just remember that on 4/26/09 there will be two ships in San Pedro plus the Carnival Splendor in Long Beach. I hope the best for you but I bet that the 2 shuttles that the Doubletree has will be tied up going to/from the San Pedro port with the two ships.

Thanks for the info on transportation to the port. I am hoping for a slow day at the Doubletree or a nice cabby! Thanks again for the help.

Archived