1ST TIME AND I HAVE ??s

cuteflyygirl

Thinking about booking my first cruise on Carnival Sensation to Bahamas in May 2009. My hubby and I are looking for room with porthole or oceanview window and were wondering is there a certain location on ship that is better than others?? Don't want too much noise of the ship or movement;) Also any info on this ship would be greatly appreciated!! ANYTHING you have from packing, to best transportation from orlando airport to port,things to do, excursions for married couple (both 26 yrs old if that helps), tipping, on average how much $$ do you spend on ship (trying to figure out how much to put on cards), sites to see, every and anything!!

Ooh!! Would really like to know how casual/formal the dining is, what would be good outifts for both?!?!? Any other tips WE WOULD LOVE THEM ALL!! WE ARE EXCITED AND NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME!!

I think I'm done now LOL THANKS TO ALL!!!!!:D

Hi. I've been on the Sensation, and enjoyed my cruise, with the exception of too much purple everywhere. You'll see what I mean when you see the atrium.:D I had cabin E1, which is a porthole cabin.

Being your first cruise, I'd suggest a more mid-ship cabin. An OV is the best type cabin, I think.

Pack lighter than you think you'll need. Really, most folks overpack. I do a lot of Mix-and-Match outfits, and shoes that will go w/most outfits.

Dining room dress - casual on nights other than 'elegant'. Ladies wear sundresses, capris and casual tops; men dockers and golf-type shirts. Elegant night, you'll want to spruce up a bit more, but things are not as "formal" as they once were. Up to you.

I haven't been to the Bahamas in years, so don't know anything about excursions. I never went on one, just enjoyed walking around and looking at the sights. Enjoy!

Thinking about booking my first cruise on Carnival Sensation to Bahamas in May 2009. My hubby and I are looking for room with porthole or oceanview window and were wondering is there a certain location on ship that is better than others?? Don't want too much noise of the ship or movement;) Also any info on this ship would be greatly appreciated!! ANYTHING you have from packing, to best transportation from orlando airport to port,things to do, excursions for married couple (both 26 yrs old if that helps), tipping, on average how much $$ do you spend on ship (trying to figure out how much to put on cards), sites to see, every and anything!!

Ooh!! Would really like to know how casual/formal the dining is, what would be good outifts for both?!?!? Any other tips WE WOULD LOVE THEM ALL!! WE ARE EXCITED AND NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME!!

I think I'm done now LOL THANKS TO ALL!!!!!:D

First, welcome to Cruise Critic!! We're thrilled to have you aboard!!

Congratulations on your first cruise... I'm sure it will be one of many... A word of caution - you WILL become addicted and probably never vacation any other way again!!

Now, for comfort the midships cabins on the decks closest to the water (Riviera and Main) will have the least movement and isolate you from mechanical noise...

As for tipping, your Sail and Sign card will be assessed $10/day/passenger. You may find that your cabin steward and/or waiter in main dining does such an exceptional job as to warrant an additional tip. Those are normally given directly to the person you are rewarding. The Maitre d's tip is NOT included in the $10/day and an envelope will be left in your cabin if you feel his service is deserving of a tip.

Packing... most folks dress quite nice for evening dinner... kind of resort casual. Slacks and shirt for the gents and women ALWAYS know how to dress for dinner so no problems there. Elegant nights (usta be formal nights) are a bit dressier. I prefer to wear a jacket and tie but it's not required but you ladies really seem to appreciate it when we guys dress like that soo..... ;)

How much you spend depends in large part on how many adult beverages you consume!! The photos that are available can also take up a big chunck...

I hope this is helpful and please remember... there are no dumb questions her so ask away!!!

Mach

Now on Carnival the Casual Dinner Nights allow casual dining attire, shorts are certainly welcome. Men should where nice slacks & shirt with tie on Formal Nights The rooms forward and on lower floors can rumble as the ships use their isopods to pull into docking as well as lowering the anchors or securing lines. Try to get a room not too close to the elevators or where people congregate, those also could be loud areas. Fact is, we often ask for guaranteed inside and never know where we'll be, 1/2 the time inside, 1/2 outside and always less expensive. I would say the only rooms I've been uncompfortable in were under the theatre and forward/lower. Rental car is is best choice.

I would say any cabin midship. In our opinion a window is better than 2 port holes. We go all out on the elegant nights. My wife takes 2 diff evening gowns and I wear a tux. Also leave time for pics on the elegant nights. You will love the pics.

I know people say not to book near elevators but we were just off the elevators/stairs last year and it was the perfect location. We didn't have any noise problems inside the room from the area at all.

It was so nice to just step off the elevator and go to the room without trekking down the long narrow halls. Booked one by the elevators/stairs for this year too.

I know people say not to book near elevators but we were just off the elevators/stairs last year and it was the perfect location. We didn't have any noise problems inside the room from the area at all.

It was so nice to just step off the elevator and go to the room without trekking down the long narrow halls. Booked one by the elevators/stairs for this year too.

I think the closer to the elevator the better!!

I totally agree with everyone that has posted. The front of the ship will have more movement. Personally, I like it but it is not for everyone. The other thing to consider is that in the front of the ship you will hear when the anchor goes down. Personally, it is my wake up call, which I like, but some may not 'enjoy' it.

Me too! We had a cabin by the elevator in January and when I booked my room for my November cruise, I asked for a room by the elevator since I loved it so much. We had aft main deck right by the elevator, perfect location!

We've had cabins near the elevators and haven't heard anything, but, we dont' use the elevators. We always take the stairs.

The best advice I can give about cabins is, most people dont' spend a lot of time in their cabins anyway, so other than noisy locations, it really doesn't matter. That said, we always book Cat 11's because we know they won't be under a public area and are in good locations.

Archived