Heard it 2nd hand Summit 12/6

septrack

will skip Grand Caymen and substitute Curacao. Can anyone confirm. Got a call into TA but with holiday unsure when I will hear back. I love Grand Caymen, primarily for the beaches. Anyone have any comments and know good beaches in Curacao. TIA!

Can't confirm yours, but last week we went to Cozumel instead of Grand Cayman on the Zenith. I would have loved to return to Curacao--it has a neat downtown, and good snorkeling/diving also.

Good luck and Bon Voyage!!

Septrack Go to Captains Club website and under 11 day cruises you will see Grand Camen has been deleated from this date and Curacao has been added also the hours in Aruba have been lengthend to compensate for the change. On the next 11 day cruise Grand Camen has been put back.

I will be on The 12/06 Date. Hope that you have signed up for the Cruise Critics get togeather also a group of us are getting togeather for a sail-a-way drink at the pool deck bar deck 10, wear a blue ribbon.

If this is your first time on Summit you will love it, our 4th Summit cruise.:)

Septrack Go to Captains Club website and under 11 day cruises you will see Grand Camen has been deleated from this date and Curacao has been added also the hours in Aruba have been lengthend to compensate for the change. On the next 11 day cruise Grand Camen has been put back.

I will be on The 12/06 Date. Hope that you have signed up for the Cruise Critics get togeather also a group of us are getting togeather for a sail-a-way drink at the pool deck bar deck 10, wear a blue ribbon.

If this is your first time on Summit you will love it, our 4th Summit cruise.:)[/quote

Bob, Thanks for the info. This is are second trip on the Summit and 3rd on Celebrity. We are anxiously awaiting it. Looking forward to meeting you at the CC get together.

Mark

Just got back this morning. We went to Curacao instead of Grand Cayman. We were then able to stay in Aruba until 1:00 am since it was a short trip to Curacao. The last two days were very relaxing days at sea and a nice way to end the trip.

The word on the ship was that they weren't sure when Grand Cayman would be back as a regular stop. Since Celebrity changed the itinerary on the website, the GC port schedule must have been published and the Summit was not on it.

We went to the beach in Curacao (as well as shopped) and I enjoyed it. The water was totally clear.

Enjoy your trip. I love the Summit.

Patricia

We did the beach express excursion from the ship which was fine but there are even better beaches on the island. We had taken a taxi on a prior visit to a nice beach but I don't remember the name. Since we didn't have a lot of time before we left to do research (we found out about the change just before we left for Ft. Lauderdale), we were just going to walk into town (about a 20 minute walk) but decided to do the excursion the day before. It was raining when we were there but the tour bus took us to the other side of the island where it was clear but overcast. It only rained as we boarded the bus to go back to the pier.

Curacao is a very pretty island and the trip on the bus to the beach was interesting and informative.

Just as an aside - if Grand Cayman is still on your listing on the Celebrity website, that does not necessarily mean that it will be a port stop. It all depends upon when the Grand Cayman port authority publishes the schedule.

Go to the Grand Cayman section of the port boards and there is a link to the schedule. They were only doing 2 weeks at a time in November and this may have changed by now. They allowed 4 ships the day we were to be there but the Summit was not one of them.

Both Grand Cayman and Curacao are great ports.

Archived