To: Oscar - Dec 12 - Galaxy

cujosmom

Hi Oscar - I emailed you on the 23 Nov (from Marty). I don't know if you received my email but I have not heard anything from you. I understand you will not be able to answer this message due to board rules. BUT, if you read this message:

My husband Don and I (Marty) will be on the Galaxy on Sunday, December 12 from 7AM-7PM. We are hoping to take a tour with you. We are NOT interested in the ziplines. We will get off the ship at 9:00 AM (or earlier). If you are there at the port with a paper with our names on it I guess we'll go on a tour with you. If you are already booked with other people, we will understand.

Hoping to see you December 12.

:)

We are booked for a tour with Oscar on the 12th of December and would be very happy to have you join us. There are six of us and Oscar asked if I'd try to find more people to go on the tour with us - up to six more. We will be on the Galaxy. Is that your ship also? It would be easier if we're all from the same ship, but maybe it doesn't matter.

The tour includes the Tortugueri canal, sloths, bamboo trade school, cocoa bean farm, 2 resorts, banana plantation, etc. The cost is $45 per person. Should be great.

Let us know if you're interested so I can tell Oscar. I plan to post something to try to help him fill his van. He also asked me to see if anyone on board ship is interested which I'll do if we're not full. Car/ber

Carol,

Yes, we'd be interested in going with the six of you. That would make us #7 & 8. Eight would probably be a good maximum number. I'm not sure if we'd would be interested if there are as many as 10-12, though, as I don't think riding in a van with as many as 10-12 (as other's have posted) would be all that comfortable due to being crammed in and some riding on "jump" seats.

The itinerary planned sounds good -- Have you made arrangements with Oscar by phone or email? Has Oscar indicated that all those places would be open (bamboo trade school, banana plantation and cocoa bean farm) since we'll be there on a Sunday?

What time will Oscar be picking up and returning?

And, yes, we will be on the Galaxy for the Dec 6 sailing. We are in Cabin 1137 if you need to contact us on the ship. We are in our mid 50's and live in San Antonio. I love taking lots of photos and am hoping there will be plenty of opportunity for that.

Let me know if you still want us.

Marty

Don & Marty,

Of course we still want you!

We made all of our arrangements by email. Oscar will meet us at the end of the pier at 8 am. He will have a sign with Carole, Melvyn or maybe both. The tour lasts 4 to 5 hours, and I'm assuming everything on his agenda is open for visitors. He wants to be paid the $45 in cash.

I understand he has a '98 air conditioned stretch Hundai van which he says holds 14 people and I agree that would probably be very crowded. I will not post a thread on here to get more passengers but I can't guarantee there won't be 2 to 4 more people in the van because if others email Oscar directly he may add them to our tour group. I've heard he adds another van sometimes. I would suggest you come to the meeting place on the pier and see how many people there are, what the transportation set up is, and then decide if it's workable for you. If you don't want to do this let me know.

You two are youngsters!!! All six of us have, give or take, 15 years on you, but we think we're "young" old folks. Do you still want to go with us? By the way we're Henry & Carole, Melvyn & Dorothy, and Howard & Shirley. Henry & I are in 1208 if you want to contact us on board.

Can't believe the cruise is just a week away.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Carole

Hi Carole,

I think that will be just fine. We will be down at the end of the pier by 8 AM and will be looking for the sign. I was thinking the tour would be longer than 4-5 hours (closer to all day) but we may be so hot and sticky by then, we'll be glad to get back to the ship! I'll take your room number with us.

Thanks,

Marty

Archived