First time on Pearl, Pacific Coast

ppwlee

Hi,

First time cruiser looking for some advice. I just booked Pearl for Sept 21, Pacific coast cruise and my wife and I are both very excited for this 5 day cruise from Vancouver to LA, not knowing what to expect. We got an inside category JJ cabin on deck 9. And we will be with our 2 yr old daughter therefore wonder if anyone can share their experience on the type of activities suitable for our daughter. We do expect to be with her the whole time since she's still fairly attached to us.

Also any suggestion on things to do during the ports Astoria/ SanFran would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for any input.

Peter

I'm on the same itinerary, except going the other way in May. I can't help you with the child activity question, although I am glad to hear she is attached to you :). I'm chiming in because I am also interested in things to do in Astoria and San Francisco, so I will be following this thread.

Being from the Astoria area, let me tell you, the town goes out to greet the Ships, you will have shuttles available to take you to Seaside, Cannon Beach, Ft. Clatsop and into town. Astoria is a little town but the downtown stip offers many unique stores. Going to Seaside or Cannon Beach you will get small beach town views and great views of the Pacific from land. There will probably be a Scandinavian dance group come aboard for afternoon entertainment. There is a trolley that will take you along our river walk, there is a famous Maritime Museum. When you get off the Ship there will be a little local market set up with local vendors, the Chamber of Commerce goes out of its way to make everything available and convenient to the passengers, we would dearly love your money spent locally!! Also Ft. Stevens State Park I think is on one of the tours, thats just a mile from where we live. It is right on the Pacific and the famous Iredale, the ship that is only very partially above ground is a favorite sight seeing site. You can email me bhahnatcharterdotnet for more into, put Cruise Info in subject.

At last - someone else is on their first cruise too. On May 5th we are sailing from LA to Vancouver with our children.

We are really interested in things to do in Astoria & San Francisco.

Does the ship go underneath the long bridge near Astoria.

How far away from the port are the tolley cars in S.F.

How far away from the terminal in San Pedro are the car rental return sites?

Look forward to your imput.

Being from the Astoria area,

Hello fellow Oregonian!! Hey, do you happen to know a pharmacist from Salem (originally from Astoria and still very much involved in Astoria and the Scandanavian festivities) named Luanne T??

Gina in Salem

Archived