Stingray - Grand Cayman

weluvcruisin'

We also used Nativeway and were very pleased with them. When you make your reservation you do not need to pay up front (this is as of a year ago) and pay in cash when you are on the boat. It was much more personalized and not crowded like the ship excursions. The staff was very nice and informative. Be sure to bring an underwater/waterproof camera too!

It took them a little while to get back to us as well. There is one person from what I understand that sets up the reservations and answers e-mails, so it takes a little bit of "island time" to get back to you. I forgot to mention they also took us snorkeling as well after the stingray city stop. They give you squid to feed the stingrays and they come right up to you to eat it out of your hand. (They will tell you how to hold it and they "suck" it out.) Don't forget some sunscreen and a hat for the boat ride. There is a covered area on the boat, but the sun is really strong. We also brought extra money to tip the guides as well, they really deserved it. You'll love it!

We used the Buccaneer (Captain Bryan) on our Summit cruise last May. Very professional, small groups, great boat. We cringed when we saw all the people crammed like sardines onto some other boats. Great trip!!

Could anyone advise how long these snorkel tour companies may wait before responding to your request for a reservation?

I have reserved, and emailed twice, to Soto's for a cruise in mid-January and have still not heard back. It's been just over a week now. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I resort to calling down there, as I don't want to wait too too much longer.

Thanks.

We are on the GRAND for Christmas8_2_74v.gif

I booked excursions online and had all responses back within 10minutes to 3hrs. max. Then I would confirm-then the confirmation would come right back from them;) It was like we were online communicating only with one another:) Neat.

Just a FYI for anyone else trying to book with Soto's.

I called down there, and they have been having computer problems for the last few days. I also tried to fax and that didn't work, and they did verify their fax line is down as well.

So! They are also posting some changes for 2005 on their website by hopefully the end of this coming weekend. She said she will not confirm any reservations until we have read and agreed to those changes first. Not sure what these changes involve.

Greetings---After reading MANY reviews here on Cruise Critic, we booked Captain Marvins for our Cayman trip last year. We did the 3 stop tour. 2 snorkeling spots + Sting Ray City. When we were walking back to the dock, I distinctly remember making the comment, "Wow, that was the absolute BEST $35 I had ever spent in my life!" My wife agreed whole heartedly.

I can't recommend Capt. Marvins enough. They were great! The walk from the dock was a whole lot shorter than what I envisioned. 2 short blocks at most. We are going on another western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston in July. This time with a group of 12. Everybody has seen our DVD of the Capt. Marvin trip and all 12 people will be doing their trip in June.

Brad

We were very pleased with Soto's both times we were in Grand Cayman. You can do many different trips with them which we did when we stayed a week. The stingrays were the highlight however. After the horrible hurricane and then an earthquake it is good to know that tourism is back on my favorite island.

Archived