~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Hi Kim

I agree with you that you have to have your proper "point" calculations and make the right choices and that will help in the weight drop. Unfortunately in Canada we do not have the wide variety that you do in the US when it comes to WW meals and good diet and low point foods. We are getting better but we have to come up with our own variations on things!!

Just read some of your other posts with regards to you having lost 23 lbs. How long has it taken you?? I wish i could lose at least 5 lbs to kick start me in the right direction. Hopefully this week I will see my doctor and he will clear me to start exercising and that might help me start shedding some weight.

Eva

Hi Eva,

I went on WW at Memorial Day this year. (late May)

I dont eat WW prepared foods. I am allergic to the wheat in them but they also have a lot of salt. I mostly eat veggies, fruit, lean meat and gluten free breads. Since you dont have to eat the Gluten Free breads, you can eat any whole grain breads on my version of WW.

I do eat low point ice creams from Skinny Cow. Other than that, I dont eat many desserts.

Once you get in the groove, WW can take off the weight. I just have to make sure that I stay "in the groove".

-Kim

I'm gluten intolerant also, Kim. Just found out a couple of months ago. At first I was stuck eating brown rice just about everyday as most gluten free foods are high in calories. I've ventured out a little more lately though. What I would give for a bowl of honey nut cheerios! Although honey corn chex are pretty good too.

Can you share any of your favorite gluten free recipes, meals that you have? I haven't eaten a slice of bread in forever. That's one gluten free product that is way too expensive.

Thanks,

Sheryl

I'm gluten intolerant also, Kim. Just found out a couple of months ago. At first I was stuck eating brown rice just about everyday as most gluten free foods are high in calories. I've ventured out a little more lately though. What I would give for a bowl of honey nut cheerios! Although honey corn chex are pretty good too.

Can you share any of your favorite gluten free recipes, meals that you have? I haven't eaten a slice of bread in forever. That's one gluten free product that is way too expensive.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Sheryl,

I was diagnosed with full-blown Celiac about 4 years ago. One of the big reasons that I am now on WW is because the GF processed foods were so fattening. I have pretty much given up processed GF foods--I left the Betty Crocker GF brownies behind when I started WW. :o

I do eat some GF bread though. I shop on-line from Scotti's Bakery in Florida. A local store now stocks it for a bunch of us GF people in the community. They are not officially a GF facility, but I found out about them from a Celiac support group at UVA Hospital. Before I could purchase it locally, I would have it shipped to my house from the bakery. It is expensive but it freezes great. I use all of their millet and flax sliced breads and wraps on WW. (the hotdog and hamburger buns were just too many points) I eat two pieces of sliced bread and a wrap every day on WW.

The Scotti's bagels are great but they are 4 points each. For a treat, I toast a regular bagel and then turn it into two pieces of pizza by using a no point tomato sauce and then two pieces of WW cheese with lots of veggies. That's a 6 point dinner. I usually eat it with lots of side veggies.

Sami's is expensive but our overall grocery bill has dropped considerably since I gave up all of the other processed foods.

I eat a lot of taco shells and corn tortillas. (Old El Paso taco shells are 1 point each) I put all kinds of things in the taco shells. Tonight, I am having grilled veggies, lettuce and salsa in three taco shells. No cheese or sour cream keeps the points very low. I grill shrimp and wrap them in corn tortillas.

I eat three veggie only dinners a week. Last night I had a salad, baked potato, grilled asparagus and grilled eggplant.

I have given up all GF cookies, cakes, pies and most crackers since joining WW. I am thrilled that Jello now has made their 60 calorie puddings GF. I just purchased some 60 calorie Kozy Shack Rice Pudding this week.

There are some new yogurts that are now GF. I eat those with cut up fruit for dessert.

Please post any GF/WW ideas that you have been enjoying. It really is a challenge to eat both WW and GF.

-Kim

I've been away from the Board for a week and never reported my final 30 day challenge result, which was a loss of 8.4. Close....so I am up for another 30 day challenge, which will be:

Challenge SW 222.4 (8/22)

Challenge Goal 212.4 (9/21)

Good news was, after my trip to the Brazilian steakhouse, followed by a solid week of business travel, I was down .4 this week. I'll take it!!

I have a lot of business travel between now and my cruise, and will have to be very disciplined - I don't hink I have enough time to get down to my initial cruise goal, but I won't give up yet.

SW 239

CW 222.4

GW 1 200 (10.10.10)

GW 2 150 (5.11)

This weekend was ok. We went out of town for a night to visit family. My mom took us to a nice italian restaurant. I had a VERY tough time ordering since everything on the menu had "cream", "butter", or "cheese" in the description. I ordered a sausage, olive, tomato pasta dish that arrived in front of me just covered in parmasen cheese. I tried scraping it off, but it was mixed in pretty well. Then one glass of wine and no dessert. Although my mom is on Jenny Craig we didn't eat that healthy. I weighed in tonight, opposed to my usual Tuesdays, and was down .2 of a pound, same as last week. My weight loss has been very slow lately. I'm not totally motivated at the moment, but still staying on track. I need to work on eating more fruit and veggies. I always get my 5 servings in, but I need to get more so I can avoid the unhealthy options. I also have a difficult time getting my milk servings in. I always have 1/2 cup of milk with my cereal in the morning but that's it. Are there any good yogurts out there that are low in points? And low point ones that I can get in Canada?

Does anyone have any tips on pushing myself back into "weigh loss" mode? Or some inspriting words? Anything would be helpful. I need a little shove.

I hope you're all doing well and losing more and more! :D

Oh, I tried the Weight Watchers whole wheat pitas and they're REALLY good! Very filling too!

new stats

SW: 157.4

CW: 135.6

GW: 125

It's so hard staying on track and eating healthy with so many bad options out there. I cannot keep snacks (chips, ice cream, etc) in my house and think that I will only eat the minimum serving. I have absolutely no discipline when it comes to those types of snacks. I've tried and each time, I've failed. So, I've stopped buying them, period. I can't even keep favorite "healthy" type cereals around because I would binge on that too in the evenings.

What I have found very helpful to curve my evening junk food/binge cravings is popcicles. I buy the Popcicle brand called Tropicals with splenda. They are only 15 calories each. I can eat 2, 3, or even 4 during the evening and not exceed 1 WW point and be totally satisfied.

Also, a really great yogurt are the Fiber One yogurts. Only 1 WW point. Recommended and approved by Hungry Girl.

I'm a little sore today. I did a 1 hr spinning class plus a 45 minute strength and tone class last night! Ouch!

Hang in there ya'll and lets keep the faith and watch the pounds melt away!

Sheryl

Woho. Down 1.2so far this week. I can't help myself I weigh myself each morning. I know I should wait until my official weigh in day of sat. Anyone else doing this?

Sw207. Cruise gw 170

Cw 194.4 (1.2so far this week)

Gw 140

Woho. Down 1.2so far this week. I can't help myself I weigh myself each morning. I know I should wait until my official weigh in day of sat. Anyone else doing this?

Sw207. Cruise gw 170

Cw 194.4 (1.2so far this week)

Gw 140

I weigh myself a few times during the week. It helps to keep me motivated. I have found that if I wait for WI day, I just assume that I am doing great all week and losing weight...when in reality, I have slacked off.

Hey yall! I haven't been on this board for a while. Between grad school finals, traveling for work, packing to move into our new place AND for our cruise.....I'm exhausted!

Well anyway, just wanted to celebrate since I hit my cruise goal weight. I wanted to be at 175 for our cruise, and I just weighed myself this morning. I'm at 174 :D. Down 3 dress sizes...I can't believe I'm back into a size 10 dress! I was a 16 in some clothing back in April. I didn't realize that for my own body, the difference between dress sizes is not that much at all. I'm shocked. :eek:

Now I just need to tone up. My best friend and I were joking that it looks like someone let the air out of a balloon, lol!! I'm just happy to have reached this milestone and can't wait to reach my WW goal weight.

I'll post pics of my dresses, etc, when we get back. We're sailing this Sunday. Tomorrow (Thursday) is my last day at work, and we fly to San Juan Friday morning. Can't wait!:)

SW: 190.1

CW: 174

GW: 145

I'll post pics of my dresses, etc, when we get back. We're sailing this Sunday. Tomorrow (Thursday) is my last day at work, and we fly to San Juan Friday morning. Can't wait!:)

SW: 190.1

CW: 174

GW: 145

Congratulations! Have a great time on the cruise. I loved the Serenade.

We will be here when you get back!

-Kim

Hi all, just joined ww today (for the 3rd time) I have 75lbs to loose before my cruise (next september) so I think I can do it.

any hints of tips?

I'm a salty crunchy person...I can leave the sweets alone without any trouble.

Welcome Susan and Lois! You have found a fun WW board.

I do WW on-line; so, I really enjoy chatting on this board. I have lost about 25 pounds since I started WW (this time) after Labor Day. We have started doing 30 day challenges on this board and it really keeps me motivated.

Kim

Greetings all. I have been by here every once in a while to see how everyone is doing and decided to post to try and help myself stay motivated. DW and I joined weightwatchers just over a year ago after her nagging me to get off my butt.:D 65 pounds later I still go to the meetings.:) This summer however I only lost 2 lbs as I kept enjoying summer on the weekends and only staying on plan during the week. We decided this week we need to get back on track and besides the weather here is getting crappy so no more patio lunches.:eek:

SW 243

CW 178

GW 159

I always have 1/2 cup of milk with my cereal in the morning but that's it. Are there any good yogurts out there that are low in points? And low point ones that I can get in Canada?

Yoplait has new flavoured yogurt that is made with splenda, the one I had this morning was pineapple-cocunut-banana. It is 35 cal, 0 fat, 0 fibre very tasty:) Not sure where in Canada you are but we got ours at Safeway.

I am having a "girls only" night at the cottage Saturday night. What would be the least fattening alcoholic drink (that would be good). Next year I will definitely have the "baja bobs sugar free mixes" Thanks for that info by the way.

P.S. I don't like beer.

Elaine

mr. cruiser, thank you for the yoplait tip! I have Safeway where I am so I'll pick some up.

Traveller155, I am a beer person, but I have other suggestions. An obvious one is any hard liquor with diet pop, usually 2 points. Mike's Hard Lemonade LIGHT is 2 points per bottles. I saw an ad today on TV for Smirnoff Ice LIGHT, I'm assuming it would work out to 2 pts each as well since it's 100 calories. If you're in the mood for wine, I add ice cubes to mine (white wine only) so it takes a bit longer to drink. I hope that helps! Have a great time with your friends:)

I am having a "girls only" night at the cottage Saturday night. What would be the least fattening alcoholic drink (that would be good). Next year I will definitely have the "baja bobs sugar free mixes" Thanks for that info by the way.

P.S. I don't like beer.

Elaine

Mojitos:

Rum (light color)

Club Soda

Splenda

Mint

Limes

2 points if you make it with Splenda. Put mint leaves in the bottom of the glass, pour in packet of splenda, mash leaves. Squeeze in lime. One shot of Barcardi (or light rum) and then fill glass with club soda and add another lime.

Wine Coolers

Mix white wine with club soda and add some fruit slices

Archived