~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

If anyone goes to a meeting over the "announcement weekend", please post the news! All of the marketing hoopla and it will probably be an announcment that we can eat more free points celery everyday. :rolleyes:

-Kim

Let's think positive about this. Weight Watchers has never let me down in the past and they always make it easier and better. ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) can sure spoil our hard efforts to lose weight.:(

Sorry for preaching.:rolleyes:

Let's think positive about this. Weight Watchers has never let me down in the past and they always make it easier and better. ANTS (automatic negative thoughts) can sure spoil our hard efforts to lose weight.:(

Sorry for preaching.:rolleyes:

You are preaching to the wrong person! I was being funny! So, I dont need to hear anything about ANTS.

But, it is tiring to get several emails a day from WW about this new program. It better be a great one to live up to all the mail I am getting from them.

-Kim

Yay! A successful week at maintenance! I gained .4 lbs which is exactly what I needed to gain to be within 2 lbs of my goal. I had a challenging weekend with guests visiting from out of town. We ate out a lot and they really pushed the booze on me, but luckily I made smart choices and only gained a bit. This weekend will be another challenge for me as we are going to San Francisco to visit family. The hardest night will be our neices' birthday party with candy, pizza, chips, pop and cake! Last birthday there was not a single healthy item. Maybe I will try and sneak out to the closest Subway or grocery store. We will see...

I think the new Weight Watchers program is going to be great. I agree that they have never done us wrong and I'm sure anything new will be the best for us. In our meeting room they have a wall of boxes wrapped with a sign saying "Do not open until Dec. 6" haha it's cute. So I guess there's going to be a lot of new WW foods with the new program. One lady heard a rumour that the new food is going to be delicioussssssss! I'm excited :-D

SW: 157.4

CW: 125

GW: 127

Yay! A successful week at maintenance!

Congratulations! :D That is great! I always find it hard to have guests visit for the weekend.

Just got home from our Diet Club meeting. Its a brown bag lunch meeting once a week. Each person in our group lost at least 1 pound this week. We wish we had a WW class group near us. The closest one is at least 45 minutes away. So, please post any news that you hear at the meetings.

Our Diet Club is doing a 5K walk next Wednesday to push some exercise before Thanksgiving.

-Kim

I think the new Weight Watchers program is going to be great. I agree that they have never done us wrong and I'm sure anything new will be the best for us. In our meeting room they have a wall of boxes wrapped with a sign saying "Do not open until Dec. 6" haha it's cute. So I guess there's going to be a lot of new WW foods with the new program. One lady heard a rumour that the new food is going to be delicioussssssss! I'm excited :-D

SW: 157.4

CW: 125

GW: 127

Congrats on maintaining. After 40 years of Weight Watchers, I still find that the hardest part.

Down 1.6 this week. I am happy because I have visited a lot of restaurants in the past week. I write a travel blog and have been visiting restaurants for a Holiday Guide. (including a brewery last night) Thank goodness, I am done with that project!

Last night, I went back to when I started posting here, months ago, and re-read all of my posts. I need to get back in the "energy" that I had this Summer. So, its back to Zumba for me.

Have a GREAT weekend!

-Kim

SW: 210

CW: 183.4

GW: 155 for 3-25-11 (NCL Dawn to Southern Caribbean)

Final Goal: 130 by 10-15-11 (Reunion Cruise of Cruise Critic Friends)

They posted a notice at work this week that said something about "come check out the new weight watchers program 11/30/10" I thought it meant they were starting new classes. I am going to check it out. I keep gaining weight and really need to do something soon. Since it's at my workplace I really have no excuse not to go do I????;)

:)My husband and I are planning our first cruise. I am on WW and doing well. However, I am afraid by going on a cruise that I will really sabatoge my weight loss efforts! It's so hard to lose, and it would be very hard to see some of it gained back in just one week! I see by your post that some of you have cruised extensively and I was wondering what helpful suggestions you might have for someone who is new to cruising. Is it possible to go on a 7 night cruise and not gain?? LOL! Are there any food onboard that are WW friendly? I realize there is an abundant supply of fruit. Are there any cruises that cater to weight loss and healthy living? Do you know of anyone who actually lost weight while on a cruise, or is that impossible, humanly speaking?? Thanks.

It is possible to go on a cruise and lose weight. A lady in the meeting I attend did it. She said she took the stairs, only ate half of what was served, used the "rest and assess" strategy and only had the first and last bite of her desserts.

Good strategies.

Also, there is always a "lighter fare" portion of the menu. Be sure to ask ahead of time how food is prepared and for any sauces or dressings to be served on the side.

Hope I can do as well in a couple of weeks. :p

Weighed in the morning and maintained. I was kinda afraid the I would gain so I was happy with the scales.

With Thanksgiving lurking and the cruise in two weeks, I need to be especially careful about what I eat.

May I should post my meal plans on this thread. Would anyone mind?:)

:)My husband and I are planning our first cruise. I am on WW and doing well. However, I am afraid by going on a cruise that I will really sabatoge my weight loss efforts! It's so hard to lose, and it would be very hard to see some of it gained back in just one week! I see by your post that some of you have cruised extensively and I was wondering what helpful suggestions you might have for someone who is new to cruising. Is it possible to go on a 7 night cruise and not gain?? LOL! Are there any food onboard that are WW friendly? I realize there is an abundant supply of fruit. Are there any cruises that cater to weight loss and healthy living? Do you know of anyone who actually lost weight while on a cruise, or is that impossible, humanly speaking?? Thanks.

We went on a two week cruise in October. I did not gain the first week, but I walked at least 2-3 miles a day. I also watched what I was eating but I think that the walking on the gym treadmill and laps around the deck on the ship is what worked. I did gain the second week. We got into stopping at ports every day (all-inclusive beach resorts) , lots of parties and special events and lots of time away from the gym. We cruise with a very active Cruise Critic group that has something planned for every day and night.

So, for me, exercise was the key. As soon as I stopped the exercise, I started gaining. We are going on a 9 day cruise with the same group next year, and I am just going to have to force myself to walk the 3 miles a day.

Have fun on your cruise--that's important too!

Kim

Didnt lose any this week, BUT didnt gain any either. Must be the walking because I ate Thanksgiving, twice!

Time for me to get down to some serious weight loss and Weight Watching. March 25th will be here fast.

-Kim

SW: 210

CW: 183.4

GW: 155 for 3-25-11 (NCL Dawn to Southern Caribbean)

Final Goal: 130 by 10-15-11 (Reunion Cruise of Cruise Critic Friends)

Although I'm back living in Canada, I decided to cook an American Thanksgiving for my American husband. He was ecstatic. My parents and cousin joined us. I browsed the WW website and used all WW recipes for dinner. I didn't go all out since we already celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving last month, but I did the staples: turkey, garlic mashed potatoes and stuffing. For vegetables I cooked the WW Sauteed String Beans with Almonds. Everything was delicious! For dessert I made a somewhat crustless pumpkin pie. I got the idea from 2 women in my meeting. You take a can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling) then mix in some splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg (all to taste). I heated it up in the oven and we ate it over low fat vanilla ice cream and some fat free cool whip. The only points are in the cool whip and ice cream. Everyone loved it!Totally satifies the need for pumpkin pie.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Next up... CHRISTMAS!!! :D:D:D

! For dessert I made a somewhat crustless pumpkin pie. I got the idea from 2 women in my meeting. You take a can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling) then mix in some splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg (all to taste). I heated it up in the oven and we ate it over low fat vanilla ice cream and some fat free cool whip. The only points are in the cool whip and ice cream. Everyone loved it!Totally satifies the need for pumpkin pie.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Next up... CHRISTMAS!!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the pumpkin idea! I am going to try that this week.

I made the cinnamon applies from Hungry Girl. (the recipe that you put the red hot candies in with the apples in the crock pot) The apples were great. I am making those again.

I am telling my family and friends that Christmas is now a ONE MEAL holiday. It is not a one week eating fest. We are having Christmas dinner at a friend's house. I plan to leave any left-overs at their house.

Take care,

Kim

Just tried Zumba on the Xbox 360 Kinect! It was fun....boy, do I have a lot of work to do. I am NOT very coordinated, so I saw mostly red (meaning I was doing it wrong)...guess I should do the tutor sessions next time!:D

Made a yummy Pumpkin Custard yesterday! Thought I'd share the recipe.

3 egg whites (I used 9 Tbsp of liquid egg whites)

2/3 c sugar

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Dash of ground cloves

1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)

1 tsp Vanilla extract

1 can (12 oz) fat-free evaporated milk

In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add pumpkin and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into 8 ungreased 6-oz custard cups.

Place the cups in a 13 x 9 in. baking pan; add 1 in. of water to the pan. Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve either warm or cold. 2 pts per serving

**I used some "tall" and some "short" ramekins and the "tall" took about 15 minutes longer to cook. I also substituted 1/3 c. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for the Sugar (still 2 pts). You could also substitute 1/3 c. Brown Sugar (not packed) for the same 2 pts. If you decide to substitute Splenda for the sugar, it is only 1 pt per serving.:)

Hope you enjoy!

SW: 223.4

CW: 170.8

GW: 150

Just started the new Points Plus program this morning. Just re-tracked all of my favorite foods. All different points values to memorize now.

The only surprising thing to me is that banannas are now 0 points. I have to eat a whole bananna a day, which used to be 2 points. Now it is 0 points. That makes me a littler nervous that I will be over-eating.

Like I was joking around a few weeks ago, all veggies and all fruits are zero points.

Post what you think of the new plan and any tips.

Kim

Why did WW change a good thing????

I went to a WW meeting this morning to learn about the new points plus program. I was VERY happy with the old program. I lost 45 pounds following points on my own ( no meetings!). The old program worked. It wasn't broke, why fix it?

NOW: It seems everybody gets daily 29 points and an extra 49 points for the week. Most of the points are different. WW yogurt is now 2 points instead of 1. Smart Ones dinners are 1, 2, or 3 points more! They handed out a little booklet and it has the new values listed.

I am worried about fruit being 0. Even bananas and mangoes!!! I am thinking that the fruit has too much sugar!!

My favorite vitatops are now 3 points instead of 1.

I asked the leader if we can expect to lose more quickly on this new program. "No" WW expects you to lose no more than 1 - 2 pounds per week.

Please post your comments.

...Please post your comments.

Hi there - I saw the changes on the news last night and came in here just to see everybody's responses. First let me say I am not a WW person, but I have a very good friend who lost a good deal of weight that way. So I do believe it works.

I also lost a good deal of weight about a year ago (and we both have kept it off) but there has always been a big difference in the things we eat. She can have a cookie for X points with WW, or for that matter she can have any other goodies she likes as long as the numbers work out with the point system. I, on the other hand, have been eating my own made up diet based on all the information out there about what is really good for you. So I decided to eat nothing but super-foods, with absolutely no sugar, no white flour in any form, no "empty calories", nothing refined, nothing out of a box or can, just healthy healthy healthy. Mostly chicken, fish, dark green veggies, lots of broccoli, and fat free sugar free yogurt with Splenda if I really need something sweet.

I always found it baffling that Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any of the other diet plans offer and encourage WW brownies or Jenny Craig brand cookies. Why have they not encouraged people to wean themselves off all the less healthy and fattening 'fluff' and eat what is good for them instead of selling them their own branded less fattening fluff? So now WW seems to have seen the light - and it sounds as if they would rather have you eat an apple than a cookie. I think that's a great idea, but it's going to take some adjustment I am sure!

Just wondering how all you WW feel about the changes, and if you'll do the healthy natural route versus the pre-packaged stuff they sell.

Hi Kim

I only learn about the new program this Friday. Is the only change that all fruit and vegetables are 0 points. It might encourage me to eat more of them instead of spending a lot of my points on treats. I have a real sweet tooth.

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

For better or worse, the entire program changed! After 1 day on the program, I am not that thrilled. Especially since I just ordered a WW food scale, eating out books, food finders, etc. All of those items do not work in the new program.:(

Day 2 for me...I will keep you posted,

Kim

I went to a WW meeting this morning to learn about the new points plus program. I was VERY happy with the old program. I lost 45 pounds following points on my own ( no meetings!). The old program worked. It wasn't broke, why fix it?

NOW: It seems everybody gets daily 29 points and an extra 49 points for the week. Most of the points are different. WW yogurt is now 2 points instead of 1. Smart Ones dinners are 1, 2, or 3 points more! They handed out a little booklet and it has the new values listed.

I am worried about fruit being 0. Even bananas and mangoes!!! I am thinking that the fruit has too much sugar!!

My favorite vitatops are now 3 points instead of 1.

I asked the leader if we can expect to lose more quickly on this new program. "No" WW expects you to lose no more than 1 - 2 pounds per week.

Please post your comments.

I agree with your comments! After one day on the plan, I am not that thrilled!

I dont understand how banannas are zero points either! I have to eat a bananna a day and it used to be 2 points. Now it is zero...How can all of that sugar and calories be free points?

And, it does appear that everyone has the same number of points?? Seems to me that reducing points as you lost weight was key to losing weight. One of my WW friends was down to 19 points and now she is up to 29 points and is worried about gaining weight.

Keep posting comments and tips.

Kim

Archived