How many cruises to Platinum?

JMA

You have a separate room where you go to check in. You also have a different room to go when you wait for debarkation. You get personalized stationary, a "gift" (currently a Carnival thermos), petit fours in your room one day, canapes one evening, and free wash and fold service. Also priority on the tenders and guaranteed seating in the supper club and the dining room. I think that's it.

they were considering dropping the "reward" number to 5, but she didn't know when. It won't be the same benefits as platinum ... likely a lesser amount ... but something for those who are loyal so you don't have to wait so long before you see some return on your loyalty (so to speak) besides the awesome vacation you get each time you board.

I read somewhere that Princess and Carnival are owned by same people? Is that true? If so, would cruises taken on Princess count toward your platinum status?

Both Princess and Carnival are owned by Carnival Corp.

They each have their own rewards program, so no, one's status on one line would not transfer to the other.

But....you can get the past guest rate for traveling on one of the sister lines.

I read somewhere that Princess and Carnival are owned by same people? Is that true? If so, would cruises taken on Princess count toward your platinum status?

Yes Carnival Corp own Princess and Carnival Cruise Lines along with others, But only cruises on Carnival Cruise Lines count towards Carnival Platinum

What is VIP status? Do you get ont he ship faster? We've been on seven Carnival cruises and have never seen any benefits yet...

Jane

VIP status is after you get to ten cruises. You get preferential boarding, and disembarkation. Also, on tenders you go to the head of the line. You get canapes in your stateroom one night, embossed stationary, guarenteed meal times, complimentary laundry service. After your tenth cruise you will see them.

VIP status is after you get to ten cruises. You get preferential boarding, and disembarkation. Also, on tenders you go to the head of the line. You get canapes in your stateroom one night, embossed stationary, guarenteed meal times, complimentary laundry service. After your tenth cruise you will see them.

Is the laudry service a limited amount? What I mean is maybe like one bag per trip, or one bag per platnium person? Just curious; we have completed 8, and we kid my son that hie graduationpresent in two years will be a life long "platnium member" on Carnival Cruise lines! LOL!:p:D:p:D

Archived