Zanndam or Infinity Alaska Cruise 5-29-2009?

bgaylemccord

I am trying to decide on taking the Zanndam or Infinity Alaska cruise on 5-29-2009. I have been on 2 Holland and 2 Celebrity cruises but I will have Select status on a Celebrity since I have Diamond status on RCCL. Does anyone have any input on the above cruises (ship condition, beds, food, etc.)?

Thanks,

bgaylemccord

I am trying to decide on taking the Zanndam or Infinity Alaska cruise on 5-29-2009. I have been on 2 Holland and 2 Celebrity cruises but I will have Select status on a Celebrity since I have Diamond status on RCCL. Does anyone have any input on the above cruises (ship condition, beds, food, etc.)?

Thanks,

bgaylemccord

I haven't been on HAL so I can't speak for it, but I was on Infinity to Alaska last year in May and was very pleased.

We had a concierge class cabin (which doesn't compare to the perks of NCL IMHO) but we were very happy with the room. NCL haters, please don't flame me, but the suites on NCL have way better perks than most other lines that I've looked at :). The Infinity CC did have perks including concierge, umbrella, robes and a nice set of binoculars. If there were other perks we didn't know/take advantage of them.

The naturalist on board last year, Brent Nixon, was informative while being extremely entertaining. He was one of the hightlights of the cruise.

I imagine that you could not go wrong with either line; I would go for the best price myself, especially if you have perks from being Select.

Have a fabulous time! I celebrated my 50th birthday last year with my BFF, but I am looking forward to taking another Alaskan cruise with my DH and 3 children.

I'm sure a HAL cruiser will give you the scoop on Zaandam.

My personal goal is to try every cruise line out there :D

Archived