Hotels in Tampa

timberlysmom

I know I could probably hunt and dig around one of the travel sites, but I'll take an opinion from all of you before I take something from people who don't cruise...;)

What are some good hotels in Tampa? We're flying in the day before our cruise so we will need a shuttle from the airport, then to/from the port.

Thanks in Advance:D

Last year we stayed at the Raddison Bay Harbor hotel and loved it. They had free airport shuttles and they charged $10.00 port shuttles. This hotel has free use of computers and a very laid back restaurant right on the beach with wonderful food! Each room has a balcony that we enjoyed all day looking at the bay. We are cruising out of Tampa again and I booked this hotel again! Wonderful place. They have changed ownership of this hotel so now they call it something different. :D It is now called Bay Harbor Hotel.

I booked a block of rooms here for our cruise in Oct 09. The rate is good outside the block as well!!

Embassy Suites Hotel

555 North Westshore Boulevard

Tampa FL 33609-1923

813-875-1555

Oct 24th 2009 Pre- Cruise Hotel

The rate for the hotel is $150 plus tax for up to 4 ppl per room, this rate includes!!

v Complementary transportation from the airport to the hotel.

v Complementary parking at the hotel for up to 14 days.

v Complementary manager’s reception on Sat night from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.

v Complementary breakfast at the hotel. (very nice full breakfast)

v Cash voucher ($20) for transportation to the Cruise Port. This is for 2 people in each room, additional travelers will pay the transportation company. I

We stayed at the Doubletree Westshore and they had free shuttle to and from the airport as well as the port. It was pretty awesome of them to pick us up from the ship at debarkation and take us to the airport after having stayed there one night a week earlier.

I booked a block of rooms here for our cruise in Oct 09. The rate is good outside the block as well!!

Embassy Suites Hotel

Tampa FL 33609-1923

813-875-1555

The rate for the hotel is $150 plus tax for up to 4 ppl per room, this rate includes!!

v Cash voucher ($20) for transportation to the Cruise Port. This is for 2 people in each room, additional travelers will pay the transportation company. I

Beautiful hotel! We stayed here for part of our honeymoon last year. I would also reccomend this one. plus free drinks for two hours!!! and cook to order omlets!!! Can't beat that!

I know I could probably hunt and dig around one of the travel sites, but I'll take an opinion from all of you before I take something from people who don't cruise...;)

What are some good hotels in Tampa? We're flying in the day before our cruise so we will need a shuttle from the airport, then to/from the port.

Thanks in Advance:D

Try the Raddison, it was good.

Embassy Suites Hotel

Tampa FL 33609-1923

813-875-1555

I second this suggestion. We stayed 2 nights prior to our legend cruise last year. There is a mall, and a Walgreens within easy walking distance if you need to pick up any last minute items!

The rooms are quite large and very comfortable, we had a bay view room and enjoyed the view.

This is not a typical Embassy Suites as it has been converted from another hotel so no big atrium. It is still a very nice place, with wonderful bedding and 2 nice big flat screen TVs in the suites.

We paid $104 per night and that was the cruise special YOU MUST reserve under their cruise special to receive the the $20 each for the shuttle, they will just hand you cash and call the shuttle for you, very easy. We parked our car there for a week, they have a parking garage, so the car has some shelter.

Go to Priceline and bid $70 for a 4* hotel in the Westshore, Rocky Pt or downtown areas. You cant lose! If they dont accept your offer, go to a 3 1/2 * for the same price! I have seen people get the Rennaisance and Hyatt Grande for those prices recently. Its worth a shot!

Mark

Archived