Disney European Cruise

Huddler

DW and I did the Med (Barcelona to Athens) last year on Oceania and had a blast. Her brother and his wife went with us on the 12 day cruise and it was fantastic. We are taking the kids on the 3 day Disney World/4 day Disney cruise package March 28-June 3rd this year. Next year we want to do the Baltic. I looked at the Northern Europe cruises on Disney and I absolutely love the 12 day Northern European capitals itinerary. That is EXACTLY the itinerary I am looking for. But I have some questions. First, do they ever discount the cruise prices? It is very expensive, particularly if we decide to take the kids. If we do take the kids, I believe they would have more fun hanging out on the ship rather than traipsing all over museums and the like. Has anyone ever taken kids, DD would be 9 and DS would be 7, on a Baltic Cruise? How did you do it? Was there lots for them to do for 12 days on the ship during the day? Should we leave them at home and take them on a European cruise when they get older?

We took the European cruise out of Barcelona May '07 with our then 7yr. old daughter. Disney did a FANTASTIC job of gearing the itinery to the kids. First Disney made leather bound books that gave info about all the ports we were to visit. At each port the kids were encouraged to look for items listed in the pages that were dropped off the night before docking. My daughter added each set to her book and at the end she recieved a beautiful seal to grace the cover. She really learned alot about the history of Europe. Onboard the pirate party as well as fireworks.kids pajama party,tea with the characters, as well as the characters, and set sail party were all there.

We took excurtions in each of the ports and the guides were very very nice to the younger travelers and explained everything in a way so everyone could understand. The excurtions such as Rome were a full day and a lot of walking but my daughter did not complain once. I believe that the surroundings were so "spectacular" that it kept her interest. Disney did a wonderful job of grouping on the ship of your excurtion group and leaving as a group that from that point onword everything was smooth as silk. My advice would be to take your kids for they will think at least a couple of things were "Cool". Our daughter did partake in the kids club activities which she really enjoyed but would rather come with us on the excurtions.

We never heard of discounts in the past but that does not mean it could not be in the future.

Disney may be a little more expensive than other lines but in my estimation Disney provided a consistant,superior product that appeals to the entire family. One thing that I can rely on with Disney that everything will be top shelve as they run their park operations.(We loved it so much we are returning to the Mediterranean cruise in 2010.)

We wish you a wonderful trip what ever you choose.:D

When you're on board for your March cruise, check at the onboard cruise booking desk. Disney usually gives a 10% discount for future cruises and an onboard credit if you book while onboard. I've heard that it's 20% for some of the European cruises (which are more costly than the standard Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries), but I don't know if the Baltic cruise is one of those that gets you the 20% off.

Good luck!

We took the European cruise out of Barcelona May '07 with our then 7yr. old daughter. Disney did a FANTASTIC job of gearing the itinery to the kids. First Disney made leather bound books that gave info about all the ports we were to visit. At each port the kids were encouraged to look for items listed in the pages that were dropped off the night before docking. My daughter added each set to her book and at the end she recieved a beautiful seal to grace the cover. She really learned alot about the history of Europe. Onboard the pirate party as well as fireworks.kids pajama party,tea with the characters, as well as the characters, and set sail party were all there.

We took excurtions in each of the ports and the guides were very very nice to the younger travelers and explained everything in a way so everyone could understand. The excurtions such as Rome were a full day and a lot of walking but my daughter did not complain once. I believe that the surroundings were so "spectacular" that it kept her interest. Disney did a wonderful job of grouping on the ship of your excurtion group and leaving as a group that from that point onword everything was smooth as silk. My advice would be to take your kids for they will think at least a couple of things were "Cool". Our daughter did partake in the kids club activities which she really enjoyed but would rather come with us on the excurtions.

We never heard of discounts in the past but that does not mean it could not be in the future.

Disney may be a little more expensive than other lines but in my estimation Disney provided a consistant,superior product that appeals to the entire family. One thing that I can rely on with Disney that everything will be top shelve as they run their park operations.(We loved it so much we are returning to the Mediterranean cruise in 2010.)

We wish you a wonderful trip what ever you choose.:D

Yes, it was so awesome, and my kids enjoyed themselves...

trouble that I want to return it but my family want go different place..

fair enough but Med are so beautiful place and I am hoping to return one day in future...

My kids have book with passport stamps... brilliant...

Scottishwee35

• 2 weeks later...

Archived