Radiance July 2, 2005

redhead621

• 2 months later...

We will be on the Radiance On 7/2/2005 2 adults and a 16 yr old girl, and 14 yr old boy. The kids hope they won't be bored. I hope they won't either after spending all that money on the excursions. I will be attending a meeting on board. I am trying to pick the excursions now and I am having a hard time deciding what to do. It all looks great! How old are your kids?

Hi Kendy

Nice to see that there really are others sailing. The boys in our group range in age from 13 - 16 and the girls range from 9 - 17.

I also started looking into excursions and things to do today. Our group is really starting to get excited about the trip. We never book excursions through the cruise line.

have you decided upon anything yet? Our guys all want to go Salmon fishing in one of the ports adn we are looking at the White Pass & Yukon Pass railroad. There has been some talk about dog sledding and helicopters. I look forward to talking to you over the next few months.

Marissa

• 1 month later...

Hi, just going back over my threads and found you again! How are the plans coming? We still haven't booked a hotel in Vancouver. Any luck?

The guys have chartered a boat in Juneau for salmon fishing, there is room aboard if any in your group are interested. Doing Southeast tours in Skagway to the Yukon and Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. Some of us are doing the dog sledding and one is looking to convice someone to go snorkeling with her in Juneau. That is going to taking some serious convincing.

Redhead,

I think it's just a tad early - others will come forward soon I think. We're sailing on July 23 Radiance and haven't had any others come forward yet either. You'll have to be sure you give us an overall review when you come back ! Can't wait to see this area and this beautiful ship with the glass enclosed elevators.

Hi... I was just thinking of looking you up again. I am only able to work on this trip every so often.

We are going up on Thurs before the Sat departure. I got a room at Hyatt for Vancouver through hotwire for 97. Priceline turned down a bid of 110. for the same hotel, same nights. We will either rent a car at the airport for the 2 days or go it on public trans. Haven't decided yet. Plan to just tour city.

In Juneau, We are going with Capt Larry, Whale Watching, at 1:00. It's a special time because of the 4th of July Parade and he is picking us up at the ship. Then we are going to the Mendenhall glacier and hopefully be able to see a little of the town.

In Skagway, We have rented a car to drive to the Yukon and Emerald lake.

In the last port I don't have a clue.

After the cruise, We plan to rent a van or suv and drive to Seattle, stay 1 or 2 nights to tour. Then drive to Portland, The coast, redwoods, and then San Fransico for the last day, before flying out on Saturday from S F .

Where are yall on the ship. It really seems to be filling up. I've been planning this trip so long I can't believe it's only about 3 months away.

Kendy

We are also arriving on Thursday. We are also trying to get rooms at the Hyatt. I guess that I will try again through Hotwire. I checked with my TA discount for the Marriott and it is still 239.00 CAD. Sounds like you have it all worked out except for the last day. Why not try the Lumberjack show? Sounds very touristy but I heard that they really put on a good show.

The last part of your trip sounds great. Wish that we had the extra time at the end but DH has an air conditioning business that he needs to get back to. I can't believe that he is actually getting away during the summer. Talk to you soon.

Marissa

Check out the boards to see how you know that you are getting the Hyatt on Hotwire. Of course, there are a lot of hotels that would have worked for us but I wanted to get that nailed down. Now the decision of whether to rent a car. An Expedition would run about 190.CAD for the 2 days, plus parking at the hotel. OR lots of cabs.

We may end up at the show, My daughter wants to go. BUT we've seen it on tv so many times we said we would never go.

Do yall cruise much? WE love it.. we try to go 1 or 2 times a year.

Lynette

Hey Guys!

We are on the Radiance the week before you....June 25th. Haven't heard from many others on our Roll Call yet. Do you have a Roll Call started? If not....you should do that. Here is a link to ours in case any other cruisers for the week of the 25th pop in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2715791#post2715791

I had to chuckle when I read of your plans. Sounds just like ours. We are doing Capt. Larry whale watching coupled with a helicopter glacier landing in Juneau....and we are also renting a car in Skagway to do the Emerald Lake run. Ketchican is still up in the air....maybe kayaking.

We'll try not yo ruin the ship before you get there!

• 1 month later...

WELL... I haven't heard from yall in a while. I've been busy getting the details for the second part of our trip done. Whitewater rafting has been some research with lots of decisions on times and which river.

Can't believe it is only 2 months!! Did you ever get your room at the Hyatt? We have decided to take a limo from the airport to hotel and then to the pier. they seem almost the same as a taxi and will be neat for the kids. Other than that we will use tours and public in Vancouver.

Everyone on these boards has been so helpful in helping with Questions.

Kendy

I haven't been very active on the boards lately. We still haven't booked out hotel rooms yet. Priceline still turning us down. I'll keep trying though. I can't believe that its almost time to go. Really looking forward to it.

Archived