Buffett music on board??

shark Fan

YES!

I would LOVE to hear Buffett music on the Lido! :D

As would I!!! Last year on the Grand they had a solo artist playing some Buffet on the Lido deck during the daytime. He had a very thick island accent, but wasn't bad.

a " towel girl ", dont really know the title of that position, on glory once told me the passengers could have the lido music changed by dialing a phone # ( 777 i think, but i wouldnt swear too that ). on that cruise they played "its 5 o'clock somewhere seemed like every other song. maybe you could request some jimmy.

Buffett might drive me as nuts as "feelin' hot hot hot" does after the 20th time :D. Just kidding... that stuff is kind of a must have on a cruise but oh boy, it does get just a little old after a while. Especially when you jump in a cab in Jamaica and the dude is playing the same stuff as well.

I'll second the Johnny Winter request. I'll add in Rush, Genesis, Kula Shaker, Michael Buble... ah heck, throw it all in... I love it all.

Just to be safe I'll be going to his concert 7 days before we cruise. That should really get me in an island frame of mind for my cruise (not that I really need help). I'm ready right now for the warm breeze in my face. Ummmmmmmm:D

Just to be safe I'll be going to his concert 7 days before we cruise. That should really get me in an island frame of mind for my cruise (not that I really need help). I'm ready right now for the warm breeze in my face. Ummmmmmmm:D

LOL! We always see J.B. in concert in Vegas every Oct. in Vegas.......:D

Oh yes, Jimmy Buffett please, along with Bob Seger, ACDC, the Electric Slide & the YMCA... what fun!

I'm with you . . . I'd love it. I remember when Carnival's ships started coming out with their big screen TVs on the Lido Deck. Some of the concerts were so not what one would expect or want to hear on the way to the Caribbean. I asked one of the entertainment team why they didn't put on a Jimmy Buffett concert. I was told it had something to do with contracts and not being able to show any of his concerts. Too bad . . . I'm not a parrothead (can't even spell it) but his music always puts me in the mood for a cruise.

Oh yes, Jimmy Buffett please, along with Bob Seger, ACDC, the Electric Slide & the YMCA... what fun!

I'm with you . . . I'd love it. I remember when Carnival's ships started coming out with their big screen TVs on the Lido Deck. Some of the concerts were so not what one would expect or want to hear on the way to the Caribbean. I asked one of the entertainment team why they didn't put on a Jimmy Buffett concert. I was told it had something to do with contracts and not being able to show any of his concerts. Too bad . . . I'm not a parrothead (can't even spell it) but his music always puts me in the mood for a cruise.

Wow... I was being sarcastic

Reading this thread, I just remembered what they were playing on the lido buffet food area. We were on the Legend from 1/25/09-2/1/09. Every evening around 10 or 11, we would go and get some coffe and hot chocolate and they were playing Christmas music. Yes I said christmas music at the end of january. Alot of the workers who were just cleaning up at that time, were just singing away and having a grand ole time.

Archived