Luggage Service at Hong Kong Cruise Terminal

j2ink

My airline flight will be arriving in Hong Kong at 5:30 am, and I need a place to store my luggage until I can board my cruise ship later in the day. Does anyone know if there is a luggage storage service at the Hong Kong cruise terminal? I believe they refer to this as "left luggage" service, which is available at the airport and train station.

Thanks J2ink, you have asked the question for me. I do have the same problem. I wonder if booking a private tour with subsequent transfer to the airport could resolve the problem. Should I know there´s a left luggage service on the terminal, I wouldn´t need to book any tour.

I don't think there is a left luggage room as such. We were on the Costa Allegra a couple of years ago and we arrived and dropped off our luggage in the morning, maybe about 10am I think. We then went off for the day and checked in late afternoon, by which time our luggage was on board and in our cabin. Our flight home was late at night so we left our luggage in the marquee by the dock until we were ready to collect it. I can't vouch for complete security but there were plently of staff about and our buggage was fine.

If our ship (or the terminal) begins accepting luggage early in the morning before passenger boarding begins, that would solve my problem. I would think this would be a common problem, since many of the airline flights from the U.S. arrive in Hong Kong very early in the morning. My ship is the Costa Classica, and its itinerary beginning in Hong Kong is new, starting this month. Perhaps I can get additional information after some of the passengers from one of the first cruises with this itinerary get home and begin posting to these boards. I'm also interested in knowing what time the passenger boarding will actually begin in this port.

I expect you will almost certainly be able to leave your luggage when you arrive, even if you can't board that early. Costa are not brilliant with advance advice but it might be worth a phone call to try to find out. It's a different port but on our recent Costa Europa from Mauritius we could board from 9.30am (but the flipside of this is that we had to vacate our cabin by 4AM on the last day so that the next people could do the same !).

Archived