Copenhagen - Malmo

I've done some research on my own and now need a little bit of help. Hubby and I want to cross the Oresund:

We will be taking the Metro from Kongens Nytorv to Lufthavnen. But then it looks like we have to take a bus(?) from Lufthavnen to Kobenhavns Lufthavn, Kastrup... then take the train from Kobenhavns Lufthavn, Kastrup to Malmo Syd/Svagertorp. Is this correct?

Also how much is the Orange Oresund ticket (we are two adults) and is that ticket good for transportation within Copenhagen? We will be in Copenhagen for two days.

We arrive in Copenhagen early in the morning. We plan to drop off our luggage at the hotel. Lunch in Copenhagen. Go across the Oresund Sound/return to hotel. Short nap in hotel. Evening tour/dinner Tivoli Gardens.

Next morning walk Nyhavn, go see the Little Mermaid/Kastellet Windmill. Lunch. Then make our way to Freeport Terminal and board the Eurodam. We would like to be on aboard the Eurodam by 14:00.

Are we seeing enough/too little? Should we squeeze in something else? I don't want our first couple of days to be too hectic. This is our first time overseas so not sure what to expect with the time zone stuff. But I don't want our first couple of days to be too sparse either.

The other possible add-ins are: a canal-boat tour, visit Amalienborg, Rosenborg or Christiansborg. In Malmo there is the Malmohus Windmill as well as the Turning Torso but not sure how to get to those sights from Malmo Syd/Svagertorp and how long it would take.

Thoughts/assistance much appreciated. :)

No no you can change directly from the Metro to the train at the airport.

But Malmø syd/svagertorp is in the middle of nowhere, you just take the train all the way to Malmö Central.

The orange øresund ticket is only valid for the trip (from a to b) and not to travel around in the city.

"Sound tickets at a discount

DSB Orange Sound

A bid for large and small. Two adults traveling with discount

and children are free. DSB Orange Sound applied to 5 persons

including a maximum of two adults. The ticket is valid for Standard

and can be bought in ticket sales, and ticket machines at the

larger stations. The price of a DSB Orange Sound from

Copenhagen to Malmö is dkk 128

See more on dsb.dk/oeresund"

Priseksempler DSB Orange Øresund

Via Øresundsbroen

Kastrup/København City (FL) - Malmø (A) 128 single 256 return

Ah okay. I found Malmo Centralstation. That's great. I thought the train went around Malmo (following the E20 highway) but I see now that it veers away to downtown. That works out really good actually. We can get out and take a walk to see a couple of sights, stretch our legs before getting back on the train to return to CPH.

Hi: My DD and I took this route in 2007 and loved it. We took the train to Malmo Central. Right outside the front of the train station is a canal. If you cross the bridge there is a tour boat kiosk. That boat ride is wonderful...takes you in and around the industrial port area and the large city park. You'll see the "twisted torso" on this tour & opportunities for lots of photos. I don't recall the price of the boat ride ticket, but I believe it was very reasonable. After the boat ride, we took the train further to Helsinborg. The train station is connected to the ferry terminal. We took the ferry across the Sound to Helsinor (wonderful site to view the castle from the water, as you're coming into the dock!). We got off, went up a little side street/alleyway, grabbed an ice-cream at a little shop which had been highly recommended, then took the train back into Copenhagen. Its a full-day circle trip, so would only recommend it if you have an extra day to spare. If you're staying longer in Copenhagen, then I would invest in a Copenhagen card...worth every penny and we saved the price of the 3-day card on the first day, alone. It's not good on the train to Sweden (but we may have been given a discount); however, we did receive a discount on the ferry, from Hensinborg to Helsinor, with our card and, of course, the train ride from Helsinor to Copenhagen was no charge w/the card. If you have limited time in Copenhagen, I would spend it all in town because there is sooooo much to see. Malmo was fun & interesting but not high on the priority list compared to the sights in Denmark. Have a great trip. :)

Maybe you have to pay for a single ticket from Kongens Nytorv to the airport and pay for the Øresund ticket at the airport station.

I cant remember how the metro ticket machines work but i can take a detour on my way home from my father to see how the ticket machines work at the metro station.

Sorry, i forgot to get off at Nørreport were the Metro also stops so i did not take a look at the metro ticket machines.

But you can buy them at the airport, at the long distance ticket machine (the one without the map of the greater Copenhagen area) or at the ticket office.

Archived