Latitude party and Martini tasting.....

lvcruises

oh i have that beat...try this on for size. last year on the Dawn (in order)

- lunch, nothing special...burger and hot dog from the bimini bar

- then...sangria tasting. no biggie couple glasses of red, then white sangria.

- the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE then went down to the muddling/mojito tasting. great crowd. about 6 drinks per person. BUT...one drink made was the Old Fashioned. it had whiskey in it. only 2 of us drink whiskey. next thing you know everyone was giving us their drink (why waste it right?) that came to about 11 drinks each for me and the other guy.

- then the bar staff made a few more mojito concoctions but in PINT glasses...I WAS WASTED!

- the rest moved on to the bourbon tasting...i didn't make it due to prior commitments with DW.

(fast forward an hour or so)

- i ordered the Cote du Beouf at Le Bistro (32oz steak for 2!!!) ...............in my drunken stupor i ate the whole thing!

:p:p I bow to your greater abilities!! I was loopy after going directly from the Martini Clinic into Le Bistro for the Wine Tasting on the Majesty last year. Woohoo!!

wow...all the bowing...please...no need. but i am impressed...and thank you!

one bit of experience i had with the M&G was this: last year we had a sizeable group for our M&G. however, the one request that the NCL group coordinator asked was that we don't post those M&G signs on our cabin doors. they really wanted to keep it just to the CC folks...know what i mean?

and i think it's a good call. you don't want non-CC folks crashing the party. now before i get flamed here...it's not because i'm saying we are "all that AND a bag of potato chips"...i think it's more along the lines of NCL just trying to keep it intimate and really thank the CC folks for being the "word on the street". and besides...the refreshments are on the house...as we all learned from CNBC...there's a fine line between profit and breaking even. consider CC M&Gs a generous "thank you".

oh i have that beat...try this on for size. last year on the Dawn (in order)

- lunch, nothing special...burger and hot dog from the bimini bar

- then...sangria tasting. no biggie couple glasses of red, then white sangria.

- the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE then went down to the muddling/mojito tasting. great crowd. about 6 drinks per person. BUT...one drink made was the Old Fashioned. it had whiskey in it. only 2 of us drink whiskey. next thing you know everyone was giving us their drink (why waste it right?) that came to about 11 drinks each for me and the other guy.

- then the bar staff made a few more mojito concoctions but in PINT glasses...I WAS WASTED!

- the rest moved on to the bourbon tasting...i didn't make it due to prior commitments with DW.

(fast forward an hour or so)

- i ordered the Cote du Beouf at Le Bistro (32oz steak for 2!!!)

...............in my drunken stupor i ate the whole thing!

ah the Flintstone steak, yummy, can't wait until 4/4. A funny story, when we first ate at the Le Bistro, the server offered my hubbie the bone. He was like what is that for, I told him some people will nawl (sp) on it like a dog. He thought I was nuts until the server said I was right LOL

I'd guess posting a meeting sign for a "Cruise Critic" gathering might not attract the kind of audience any ship would want, ie people looking for a gripe session. That is not to say they do not want to hear negative feedback if it's out there, but they do not want it to interfere with our goals for sharing information. Anyone who has not been to a M&G will find they want to hear from you if you have a problem, rather than have you come back here on the board and "let loose" without giving them the opportunity to resolve the issue.

ah the Flintstone steak, yummy, can't wait until 4/4. A funny story, when we first ate at the Le Bistro, the server offered my hubbie the bone. He was like what is that for, I told him some people will nawl (sp) on it like a dog. He thought I was nuts until the server said I was right LOL

well to be honest...that's what i was hoping to do back in the privacy of my cabin...but i was too drunk to ask for the bone.

I posed a Spirit Dailey from www.zydecocruiser.com on my group's website for reference only - restaurant hours, etc. I also read them all through (ahhh) for ideas on what activities are organized I qualify my list of activities as 'possible'

http://maggiecatenjay.wetpaint.com/page/Spirited+Fun+and+Games

but am now wondering if I made a mistake posting it... :confused:

Thanks.

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed your photos and dailys.

Let me add some advice. Trying to read PAST copies of the dailys is an excercise in frustration. Things change on the ship. And of course your mood and feelings each day will change as well.

We take the daily while onboard and highlight things we want to do, and still miss some. Trying to schedule in advance and then have it change gets really confusing.

LOL

So true.

RE:Posting a sign about the Meet and Greet. It really serves no purpose. Anyone that SHOULD be attending should already know. 95% of them are on the first full day at sea, so very few would have seen the sign anyway.

Still, if they were not active on the roll call and did not know, then... well, they should not be there.

Simple stuff I think.

While, I don't think I would do that in a nice restaurant (on a ship or otherwise), I do it at home all the time. I embarrassed my daughter one night when she had a friend for dinner and before I even started, she begged me not to, but i knawed away, anyway. :D

Archived