MTD dress code?

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been covered in any of the other MTD threads, but I haven't seen it.

Does the same dress code per day (casual, formal, etc) apply to those dining through MTD? I asked my sister what she thought about doing MTD (I just think it's better for her and her family's lifestyle) and she thought it sounded great because she "didn't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe just to eat dinner every night." (she's in the health industry and wears scrubs everyday so she doesn't really have business casual type clothing) Then I started wondering about the dress code - formal night, etc.

And you can only do one or the other dining option, right? Like we couldn't go to formal night in the dining room but go to MTD the rest of the nights?

Thanks for your help! This is my sister/niece/bil first cruise and I want to make it as comfortable as possible for them.

MTD IS in the dining room, just a different section. Each ship does it a bit different and yes the dress of the day applies to MTD also.

Ahhh for some reason I was thinking it was a closed off part of the Windjammer. Now I get it. Thanks for your help! I guess the other option if she doesn't want to "dress" up is to just go to the Windjammer for dinner some evenings.

ahhh for some reason i was thinking it was a closed off part of the windjammer. Now i get it. Thanks for your help! I guess the other option if she doesn't want to "dress" up is to just go to the windjammer for dinner some evenings.
yup!! :D

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been covered in any of the other MTD threads, but I haven't seen it.

Does the same dress code per day (casual, formal, etc) apply to those dining through MTD? I asked my sister what she thought about doing MTD (I just think it's better for her and her family's lifestyle) and she thought it sounded great because she "didn't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe just to eat dinner every night." (she's in the health industry and wears scrubs everyday so she doesn't really have business casual type clothing) Then I started wondering about the dress code - formal night, etc.

And you can only do one or the other dining option, right? Like we couldn't go to formal night in the dining room but go to MTD the rest of the nights?

Thanks for your help! This is my sister/niece/bil first cruise and I want to make it as comfortable as possible for them.

As Sue has state, MTD is a designated part of the main dining room and the dress code is the same as the main dining room. I don't see that your SIL has to buy a whole new wardrobe.....surely she has something besides scrubs, if she ever goes to dinner in her own town. And one pair of black pants, one pair of khaki or white pants, and a couple of nice mix-and-match tops should take her through dinner for several evenings.

I used to try to wear something different every evening of a cruise, and then.....airline bag restrictions kicked in. From now on it's black, white, and khaki for me....and wearing things more than once! Nobody else even notices what I'm wearing, so as long as it's clean, it's still wearable!

Ahhh for some reason I was thinking it was a closed off part of the Windjammer. Now I get it. Thanks for your help! I guess the other option if she doesn't want to "dress" up is to just go to the Windjammer for dinner some evenings.

She'll only have to "dress up" for 1 or 2 formal nights in the MainDining Room. If she doesn't fancy it after the 1st, as you say she can always eat in the WJ.

This topic of Dressing for Formal Night has been stressing my wife more than anything about the cruise. (Our last one, her 1st was informal).

At least it takes her mind off the flight to Rome :eek:.

But it's costing me a fortune in new clothes :eek: for her.

See you in the WJ on the 2nd formal night :D

From this thread should be fleetwide by 2nd April :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=885210

Thanks! The reason I ask is that we booked two transatlantic cruises for next spring on RCL (we'll cancel on of them once we decide some other things) and on one of the reservations, they asked if I wanted MTD and on the other one, they didn't.

As Sue has state, MTD is a designated part of the main dining room and the dress code is the same as the main dining room. I don't see that your SIL has to buy a whole new wardrobe.....surely she has something besides scrubs, if she ever goes to dinner in her own town. And one pair of black pants, one pair of khaki or white pants, and a couple of nice mix-and-match tops should take her through dinner for several evenings.

I used to try to wear something different every evening of a cruise, and then.....airline bag restrictions kicked in. From now on it's black, white, and khaki for me....and wearing things more than once! Nobody else even notices what I'm wearing, so as long as it's clean, it's still wearable!

Thanks! I know she does have some pants, etc... she will probably have to buy a few new tops (she's had some weight fluctuation) but I think she will be okay. I like your idea for even myself... I can definitely reuse black pants. :)

She'll only have to "dress up" for 1 or 2 formal nights in the MainDining Room. If she doesn't fancy it after the 1st, as you say she can always eat in the WJ.

This topic of Dressing for Formal Night has been stressing my wife more than anything about the cruise. (Our last one, her 1st was informal).

At least it takes her mind off the flight to Rome :eek:.

But it's costing me a fortune in new clothes :eek: for her.

See you in the WJ on the 2nd formal night :D

Hahaha good luck to you!! ;) I think the WJ will most likely provide us dinner at least one night.

Thanks! I know she does have some pants, etc... she will probably have to buy a few new tops (she's had some weight fluctuation) but I think she will be okay. I like your idea for even myself... I can definitely reuse black pants. :)

On casual nights she will have no problem wearing nice jeans and nice top........this is what our group wears;)

From now on it's black, white, and khaki for me....and wearing things more than once! Nobody else even notices what I'm wearing, so as long as it's clean, it's still wearable!

And if she did spill soup down it she can always send to the dry cleaners and be back for next formal night.

We way overpacked the last cruise and brought half stuff home. So this time we'll pack less casual stuff and send for cleaning as needed. It'll probably balance out by not paying for excess bagagge

I am so glad I came across this. Being a first time cruiser, and trying to pour over all the info on here - this was one thing I had not seen addressed!! I guess I was under the assumption, it was much more casual - like i said, glad I found this!!! Thank you - saves us the embarassment of showing up in shorts!!!

I bought a pair of black and a pair of white capris from Nike's website (listed under "golf") They are WONDERFUL! I can wear them more than one time....they don't wrinkle and they look really nice and surprisingly dressy. You would never guess they are from Nike. I love them!!!!

Just an idea.....

Archived