Questions about tips

cocos

:confused: OK, I read a thread with tips before you're onboard and I have a lot of questions:

1. What's a thermal suite?

2. What are wake-view cabins?

3. What's a Wang Wang?

4. What's Total Wine?

:confused: OK, I read a thread with tips before you're onboard and I have a lot of questions:

3. What's a Wang Wang?

4. What's Total Wine?

A special relaxation area adjoining the spa open to both men an women: On the Veendam, the thermal suite had big windows, soothing music, two aromatherapy steam rooms, a hot tub, and four or five heated ceramic loungers.

The cabins at the stern (back) that overlook the ship's wake! On the Osterdam, that's both SC suite cabins and VA verandah cabins. The view is different, the balconies are larger (some much larger), and some cabin layouts differ from the HAL brochures (the SCs are smaller).

4. What's Total Wine?

Tampa's extraordinary wine store, an easy taxi ride from the airport and the pier. You can order online or by phone and collect your purchase at the register; you can have your wine shipped almost anywhere in the US (but not, I fear, to your stateroom). Never, ever seen anything like it! BTW not everybody in Tampa knows the store, our taxi driver sure didn't; if you go, you might want to download directions and take them along.

4. What's Total Wine?

Tampa's extraordinary wine store, an easy taxi ride from the airport and the pier. You can order online or by phone and collect your purchase at the register; you can have your wine shipped almost anywhere in the US (but not, I fear, to your stateroom). Never, ever seen anything like it! BTW not everybody in Tampa knows the store, our taxi driver sure didn't; if you go, you might want to download directions and take them along.

Actually, Total Wine operates in seven states. :)

Questions 1,2, and 4 have been answered, but I still don't know what a Wang-Wang is? From other recent posts I suspect it is a drink.

Yes, It is a drink (as I just learnt on another HAL thread!) and it sounds like a LI Ice Tea - lots of different liquors in it.

One.. two.. all fall down.

I found the recipe that Copper 10-8 posted some time a go for the Wang Wang:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

Archived