azura prices

humpy

Depends if you want to see Venice and Dubrovnik I suppose, if you do, its 16nights.

Another rival next year to Azura, besides Eclipse is the new Cunard ship QUEEN ELIZABETH, here is some infor for cruises from

12th October 2010 – Maiden Voyage, 13 nights Canaries Cruise – From £1389pp

25th October 2010 – Mediterranean Premier, 14 nights including Monte Carlo, Naples and Cartagena – From £1209pp

08th November 2010 – Aegean Introduction, 18 nights including Venice, Dubrovnik and Kasadasi – From £1489pp

26th November 2010 – Gallic Debut, 5 nights including Amsterdam, Zeebrugge and Cherbourg – From £559pp

01st December 2010 – Iberian Discovery, 13 nights including Lisbon, Gran Canaria and Tenerife – From £1115pp

14th December 2010 – Festive Debut, 22 nights including Barbados, St Lucia and Antigua – From £2789

launch in October 2010

There was an article in todays Express it sounds impressive, and the prices are certainly more attractive than the Azura. In fact they are not much different to the prices for the Ventura.

I've been so excited awaiting the itineraries on Azura- and I've got to say I'm really quite disappointed. I can see that PandO are following the Princess theme with the repetition. That doesn't bother me - but I would prefer more than 7 ports in 16 days. It will be interesting to see how (and if) they sell.

Looks like it will be Princess again for us! I think their (and this is only my opinion) 12 night fly cruise from Rome to Venice - or similar - are far more appealing. In addition, their repeat passenger (Captain's Circle) is a much better product than Portunus.

Glenda

The Azura brochure arrived today.

I'm still digesting the pricing - they seem to be looking for around £150 per person per night for a balcony cabin, which is a lot. They're markedly higher than the prices for Ventura for 2008: compare the price for A010 on Azura with that N811 on Ventura. Balconies started at £2249 for the Ventura cruise, while for the Azura cruise the start price is £2619 (after deducting the 'early bird saving'). That's a difference of almost £400 per person, call it £750 for a couple, for very similar cruises: 16 nights to the E Med, in high season.

I'm now getting worried about the level of prices that we'll see for the rest of the P&O fleet when the general brochure comes out. Let's hope that the Azura prices aren't indicative of what P&O are hoping to get for the whole fleet. And at the back of my mind is Celebrity Eclipse - under £100 a night for a balcony cabin on a ship that (if it's as good as Solstice) will be one of the best fitted-out ships afloat.

Hi Tom, Thanks for the info. Have you been able to do any comparisons with the prices Cunard are chargeing for the Queen Elizabeth ? I could go on the Cunard M/Boards but I find some of the members on there rather disagreeable.

Hi Tom, Thanks for the info. Have you been able to do any comparisons with the prices Cunard are chargeing for the Queen Elizabeth ? I could go on the Cunard M/Boards but I find some of the members on there rather disagreeable.

Hasn't LibraLass already posted the new QE prices?

A highly agreeable Sir Martin

Rememeber the Queen Elizabeth prices are Minus at least another 15% if you have cruised with Cunard before. But no OBC or free parking offered.............................YET

I believe it's 5% discount for WC members. However, as usual, travel agents are quoting lower prices than Cunard.

Mary

I believe it's 5% discount for WC members. However, as usual, travel agents are quoting lower prices than Cunard.

Mary

That's correct the current prices being quoted are Cunard List price Minus 5% for WC members Minus 10/11% TA discount.

Tom

Thats my concern too. Perhaps Azuras pre-release prices are a example of how high the other pando ships are going to be as well in the next season 2010-11...which is a worry.

I was comparing the very high price of a 16n Azura cruise to Venice with what I paid on Arcadia for the same cruise and balcony last year, perhaps all cruises are going to be high

Maddness...with all the competiton out there from Southampton in 2010.

After 8 cruises by the end of this year since 2006, I too feel it might be time for a change, thats IF my husbands Engineering company can survive this recession - oops - credit crunch!:(

Eight cruises in four years is way too much, you need a year or two away from cruising. You will appreciate it more when you return to it. For anybody who is having a break from cruising this year its going to be a belter of a summer.

Your not kidding old Pugwash as 7 booked this year ! That's over the top by anybodys standard, he's ether of no fixed abode or on the run from the police [ he mentions dead bodies alot on the Cunard M/B ] or Sir Fred whatisname from RBS under assumed name. To me going on a cruise that many times would turn it from an holiday into routine, in fact going every year could do that for me. The first time you go some where is always the best experience everytime after that dilutes it little by little. Just while I think about it Pugwash in his bio describes is occupation rather mysteriously as insurance, hmm. insurance and dead bodies its all coming together.

Eight cruises in four years is way too much, you need a year or two away from cruising.

What the heck has that got to do with anyone excpet LibraLass?

Very strange comment!

:(

Interesting that the prices are being perceived of as 'expensive'

I checked a couple of Azura ones against this years versions of the same cruise (e.g. a Ventura repositioning cruise in October) & they were exactly the same price for the grade we were looking at (balcony) - this was using the 2009 4th edition brochure.

Obviously this is P+O to P+O comparisons, not looked at Celebrity et al - who from what you say do seem cheaper, but is it the same sort of cruise (ambiance / formality / ports etc) ? :)

- hey I'm having enough trouble deciding between a Cunard & a P+O cruise for this year at the moment, without throwing other complications (lines) in :D.

Very strange comment!

Precisely - every one to their own - since I started cruising, it's been at least 1 a year, in 2007 I went up to 2 a year because I could:p.

(as a then solo traveller, it was the only holiday I felt comfortable enough to take)

- 2007 Nov to 2008 Nov I did 5! (ok, it was a special year - met my partner on QE2 Nov 2007 & we just had to do at least 1 more on her before her retirement (or as it turned out 2 more :) ), plus a shorty on Ventura to get him into the Portunus club ready for this year;).

This year, circumstances allowing, I'm hoping to take 2.:)

Very strange comment!

It was a bit of lighthearted banter, it wasn't intended as serious criticism and I don't think L/L took it as that. Same as my next post, don't take everything I post as being serious or critical.

Problem with the Cunard ones is who wants to do Venice in November. brrrrrrrrrr. Venice gets a lot of rain after the end of September.

One cruise a year is enough for me I admit. I would get bored if I did more than that.

Also, I think comparing the brochure price with the pre-release price is wrong. By the tim the brochure is out, the prices have gone up.

Cunards problem is launching in October you would think they would organise it so the first Cruises are in the spring of the following year. I thought I would be in a minority of one about the amount of Cruises taken diluteing the whole Cruise holiday experience. At least its just not me.

We've got friends that have been going to the same holiday destination in Spain for 20 years????? Why? LOL

I have really taken to cruising - I think it's wonderful, but once a year will do just fine. We also like to take the car to Europe. Drove to Slovenia last year - really super. I like variety.

The main problem here is that many people were expecting fantastic prices because of the economic climate and have been somewhat disappointed.

We still have not payed what we paid for our first cruise in 2001 and so all of these prices are still cheap.

What is happening with Celebrity etc is that the prices are more in line with those in the US and that is why they appear cheap.

Have you ever looked at websites like *****. Some of the prices are unbelievable and of course we in the UK are barred from applying for them.

BTW 2 cruises a year are far to few 4 would be much better.:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived