azura prices

humpy

Azura is expensive. I have been quoted £2230pp for a 16n Venice cruise in early September 2010 in a decent balcony ... thats after a good discount from a TA i have found to be the cheapest around... I paid £1878pp last year for same cruise on Arcadia!

Todays Express there is an advert for CruiseKings, they are quoteing the above Cruise as £1,369pp for an inside cabin, P/O list it at £1,849pp. I know you want a balcony but there might be the same discounts on them.

Then you seem to have two choices L/L ether sail with another Cruise Line, or forego the Balcony for a cheaper option. I think you could get a discounted Outside Stateroom from a T/A for more or less what you paid for going on the Arcadia.

Oh, I won't be going on Azura on that cruise.

It was only a quote, and I mentioned it on here as a example at the time, of Azuras high prices for cabins when we were discussing Azura (and I mentioned then Eclipse was a lot cheaper).

I did that cruise (16n to Venice) last year.

Oh, I won't be going on Azura on that cruise.

It was only a quote, and I mentioned it on here as a example at the time, of Azuras high prices for cabins when we were discussing Azura (and I mentioned then Eclipse was a lot cheaper).

So where are you thinking of going 2010 ?

So did I (on Aurora) - but looks like I'm doing it again in July :D

(There are some different ports & I won't be on my own this time ;)

(oh & a balcony instead of an inside cabin should make it a bit different too:D)

Azura - I'm tempted by the transactlantic Caribbean, but plenty of time to see if the prices come down :)

Stopgo

Will wait and see what the other ships are offering, not need to rush. We haven't even seen what the rest of the fleet is doing yet, then there is Cunard, Princess, Celebrity Eclipse ETC... thats if hubbie still has a job in 2010! With the credit crunch no-one is safe, and engineering is very quiet.

Stopgo

Will wait and see what the other ships are offering, not need to rush. We haven't even seen what the rest of the fleet is doing yet, then there is Cunard, Princess, Celebrity Eclipse ETC... thats if hubbie still has a job in 2010! With the credit crunch no-one is safe, and engineering is very quiet.

I was asking which Cruise rather than what ship [ with you saying that you have already done Venice ]

No ofcourse not, but with 2 cruises already booked this year and husbands job unstable not commiting to any more at the moment.

What about you stopgo ? Will you be cruising for the 3rd time, After Arcadia and Ventura do you fancy another one then and if so which ship?

I got the Azura brochure and DVD today. They are now down to the "I know you haven't sailed P&O before, but...." types like me. Some advertising budget!

Deffo going to do the 16 day Eastern Med, just the cruise I've been waiting for (from Southampton but not the same old Western Med stuff) but will wait and wait and wait to book.

Is this crazy? Still got the big mortgage and two boys who by some genetic fluke are bright and need university cash, we are what the marketeers call "extreme price sensitive". I would happily sit through sunbed fights, pirate raids, missed ports and Stopgob as a cabin mate to get a fiver off.

Someone tell me I'm doing the right thing. Not about Stopgob (JOKING) but waiting.

hi somewharesoon.waiting can pay dividends sometimes but if you are waiting for the so called maiden voyage unless you are booking a suite or something of that grade youll be out of luck,because its nearly full.plus you wont get the cabin you want.but its ultimatley upto you

I got the Azura brochure and DVD today. They are now down to the "I know you haven't sailed P&O before, but...." types like me. Some advertising budget!

Deffo going to do the 16 day Eastern Med, just the cruise I've been waiting for (from Southampton but not the same old Western Med stuff) but will wait and wait and wait to book.

Is this crazy? Still got the big mortgage and two boys who by some genetic fluke are bright and need university cash, we are what the marketeers call "extreme price sensitive". I would happily sit through sunbed fights, pirate raids, missed ports and Stopgob as a cabin mate to get a fiver off.

Someone tell me I'm doing the right thing. Not about Stopgob (JOKING) but waiting.

Have you looked at the Celebrity brochure too? Not saying you should do that instead, merely that it might be an idea to look at your options.

The bit about mortgage and universities made me smile, I am in exactly the same boat and need to find reductions in costs wherever possible. I do draw the line at your idea of a cabin mate though! LOL

:D

Lol

Nah, by waiting, I mean like until May 5 2010 for a cruise on May 8 2010. Any thoughts?

I thought I got a fantastic deal on N911 - and I did -, but the deals just now on N910, N909 (ie in a few weeks) will be breaking the heart of people who booked months ago. Now up to 60% off - not brochure price, but the original prices on already heavily discounted TA's we can't mention here.

I've no poblems with the folk who book what they want regardless of cost - I'm sitting in a house with 45,000 rooms I never use (I know cos I decorated them all) which will fund this same approach when I cash in on the current housing boom that shows no sign of ending.

WHAT????

hi somewharesoon.waiting can pay dividends sometimes but if you are waiting for the so called maiden voyage unless you are booking a suite or something of that grade youll be out of luck,because its nearly full.plus you wont get the cabin you want.but its ultimatley upto you

I see that the first cruise on sale at the moment is A002 - I guess that means that there will be another Ventura style 'maiden, maiden' cruise.

Prices do seem ridiculously high. I see some heavy discounting in the future.....

I see that the first cruise on sale at the moment is A002 - I guess that means that there will be another Ventura style 'maiden, maiden' cruise.

Prices do seem ridiculously high. I see some heavy discounting in the future.....

Wishful thinking:eek:

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We liked the look of the Azura Transatlantic in Oct/Nov (?) 2010 - but it seems absurdly early to book :D

So we are waiting until at least the end of June when the 'current offer' expires & will probably wait til its even closer.

We are even waiting on the Nov 2009 one we are interested in!

Lets see if Cunard come up with some deals to match the $150 pp onboard credit on some cruises now! ;)

Archived