Packing for our Spirit cruise!!

BonnieVA

Just double checking the cabin bathroom amenities. What is provided for us? I think it's just liquid soap & shampoo ... am I right?

I also have a question about our cabin keys. There are 6 of us in our family & we will be in 2 cabins. Is it possible to have BOTH cabins accessible on each of our keys so that we can enter into EITHER of our cabins w/ each of our keys? Or is it possible for the parents to get 2 keys ... one to each cabin?

Thanks.

actually, wait until you get on the ship...when it's settles down, go to the customer service desk. make sure you have consenting adults from each of the cabins.

yes, they can make you a blank key...for the other cabins. it will be different from the cabin key you use for leaving the ship and charging things.

Just double checking the cabin bathroom amenities. What is provided for us? I think it's just liquid soap & shampoo ... am I right?

I have another question abut what's provided...does anyone know if there are robes provided in the balcony cabins?

Thanks!

Make sure you bring your own hair dryer, the one that the ship provides is HORRIBLE!

I keep reading that you can't use a normal hairdryer on the Spirit, I that true? I've seen some posts that suggest that if you use a dryer with more then 500 watts it will cause your whole floor to not have power, can someone verify this?

I keep reading that you can't use a normal hairdryer on the Spirit, I that true? I've seen some posts that suggest that if you use a dryer with more then 500 watts it will cause your whole floor to not have power, can someone verify this?

That is what we were told on our cruise earlier this month on the Spirit. The ship has just one 110 volt outlet per stateroom, and they specifically ask you not to use a high power hair dryer because it may blow the power to a large area.

On our 3/1 sailing (in an inside), we had liquid soap at the sink and a different style of liquid body wash as well as shampoo in the shower. All were marked as being Elemis products. I thought the liquid soap at the sink was very drying- so I ended up using the body wash for hands & face at the sink. We did not have any lotion (maybe suites are luckier!).

No robes in our inside (we didn't ask for them either).

As beckster94 (Hi! Hope you had a great cruise!) said, the one 110 outlet won't take most American hair dryers. If you have a dual voltage hairdryer, you can plug it into the 220 outlets with no problem. If you only have a very powerful 110 hair dryer (and don't want to use the hair dryer provided by NCL), then you will need a converter (talk to your cabin steward).

Have a great cruise- the Spirit is a wonderful ship.

Looks like I'll need to add lotion just in case (the constant hand washing & hand sanitizers really do a number w/ my skin).

Definitely need conditioner since the wind ties my hair into knots. I air-dry my hair so I won't need to worry about hair dryers. I'll leave shampoo at home.

I'll also ask both at the check-in desk &, if that doesn't work, at the reception desk about the keys. I'm very glad to hear we can get access to 2 rooms!

How's the food on this ship? We've only been on one Norwegian Cruise "Pride of America" and found the food not that great. However, the beautiful ship and Hawaii made up for it!

I thought the main dining room (Windows) was above average for such a high volume service. Portions are sometimes small but you just ask for more if you need more! The specialty restaurants (Le Bistro, Cagney's and Trattoria) are excellent but there is a surcharge. Blue Lagoon is OK for a quick snack. It's in a busy corridor on Deck 7, but you're not there for a quiet, relaxed meal.

I should note that we were called two days before embarkation with an upsell offer to a suite (which we quickly took) and so we could eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, which meant that we made it through the entire cruise without having to do the buffet line. This pleased me a lot since I'm not a fan of cruise ship buffets. Other people may disagree.

On our 3/1 sailing (in an inside), we had liquid soap at the sink and a different style of liquid body wash as well as shampoo in the shower. All were marked as being Elemis products. I thought the liquid soap at the sink was very drying- so I ended up using the body wash for hands & face at the sink. We did not have any lotion (maybe suites are luckier!).

No robes in our inside (we didn't ask for them either).

As beckster94 (Hi! Hope you had a great cruise!) said, the one 110 outlet won't take most American hair dryers. If you have a dual voltage hairdryer, you can plug it into the 220 outlets with no problem. If you only have a very powerful 110 hair dryer (and don't want to use the hair dryer provided by NCL), then you will need a converter (talk to your cabin steward).

Have a great cruise- the Spirit is a wonderful ship.

Hi JerseyGem,

This was a wonderful cruise. The most wonderful part was our upsell. When we arrived in New Orleans on Friday, I had an email waiting from NCL offering an upsell from a balcony stateroom to a penthouse suite - just over $250 per person. It was so worth it! We were on Deck 10, immediately below the bridge, and could look up from our bow balcony and see the officers and control panels. We had a sitting room and dining table, and a separate bedroom and HUGE bath with spa tub. And bathrobes and Elemis lotion.

Still just one 110 volt outlet, though.

I am now spoiled, which is bad, because I don't know that I can afford to actually PAY full price for a suite on the next cruise, which will probably be on the same ship (New England and Canada fall foliage).

We just got off the Spirit March 8th and had a balcony. You will get nice robes. Bring your own conditioner, we didn't and then wished we had. They have a small lotion in the room that we did not notice or use until the last day. I imagine if you use it all the Steward will give you a new one. As for hair dryers, bring your own dual voltage and use the 220 outlet and you will need the 2 prong adaptor. I had one of my own but maybe the Steward can get you one.

We ate in both dining rooms, Windows and Garden, and the buffet. We never had a bad meal, in fact always pretty good. I would say the best breakfast option is the buffet. They cook your eggs and omelets in front of you and the same with the waffles.

We were in Cabin 9662 and our Stewardess was Mylene. She was excellent!

Thanks for the info. on the food! Now that I know the food's ok and will probably please my picky co-cruisers, I can really get excited. As you probably can tell, I live from one cruise to the next!!! I've never been on a bad one! I start planning the next one while I'm still onboard. LOL! The Spirit sounds like a really beautiful ship and I'm ready for some new ports of call! I just love waking up in a new place each morning!!!:D

I used my 2000 watt hair dryer everyday and had no problems. I used the outlet near the desk. My sister-in-law, who was in the cabin next to me did the same thing and she blew out the power in her room. So, she ended up using mine every day. I don't know how many watts her dryer had.

Just got back today. My wife blew the power outlet trying to use the hair dryer (oops). To the electricians credit, he came and fixed it in a hurry. Don't think it impacted anyone elses cabin. She had bought a special hair dryer for the trip based upon other reviews, but no luck. The hair dryer in the bathroom is not great, but I'd plan on using it.

Yes, I brought a travel dual wattage blow dryer w/ me, one that switches voltage and once it was switched over to 220?? I think :confused: anyway once I switched it, it only blew on low, cool air, so needless to say I had flyaway, cruddy hair for the whole cruise. my hair was limp and soft from the water and flat from the lack of a good blow of hot hair.

Thanks for the info. on the food! Now that I know the food's ok and will probably please my picky co-cruisers, I can really get excited. As you probably can tell, I live from one cruise to the next!!! I've never been on a bad one! I start planning the next one while I'm still onboard. LOL! The Spirit sounds like a really beautiful ship and I'm ready for some new ports of call! I just love waking up in a new place each morning!!!:D

Me too! I love waking up to a new port and we've really been looking forward to the Spirit. Other than one poster who said he felt like it was the Taj Mahal (that's a bad thing??) everyone has said how lovely her decor is. I'm getting excited, a week from today, well yesterday now, we'll be cruising down the mighty Mississippi!:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi JerseyGem,

This was a wonderful cruise. The most wonderful part was our upsell. When we arrived in New Orleans on Friday, I had an email waiting from NCL offering an upsell from a balcony stateroom to a penthouse suite - just over $250 per person. It was so worth it! We were on Deck 10, immediately below the bridge, and could look up from our bow balcony and see the officers and control panels. We had a sitting room and dining table, and a separate bedroom and HUGE bath with spa tub. And bathrobes and Elemis lotion.

Still just one 110 volt outlet, though.

I am now spoiled, which is bad, because I don't know that I can afford to actually PAY full price for a suite on the next cruise, which will probably be on the same ship (New England and Canada fall foliage).

Can you share which balcony category you had reserved when you received the upgrade to the penthouse?

Archived