Acropolis ....any locker or cloakroom?

Thanks a lot. However, still a little bit confuse. Actually how many entrance/exit does it have? Someone said it can access Acropolis either from Monastiraki, Thissio, or Akropoli station. Does it mean it have sererval entrances?

I had a small backpack and had no problem taking it in. There are a few entrances to the "hill" itself but the the paths all lead to one controlled entrance to the actual historical site with the Parthenon, etc.

I was just there at the end of January. I had a regular black leather backpack and wore it the whole time. We walked up from the Agora and did not see any cloakrooms, etc, there. No one questioned me however. Perhaps because the museum was closed that day?

Thanks a lot. However, still a little bit confuse. Actually how many entrance/exit does it have? Someone said it can access Acropolis either from Monastiraki, Thissio, or Akropoli station. Does it mean it have sererval entrances?

There are three site entrances, although all paths converge near the top at the Propylaia, the grand entrance through which all visitors must pass to reach the temples at the summit. My husband and I chose to ascend the Acropolis using the southeast entrance near the Acropoli metro stop because there are many less steps there and more gradual slopes ascending on the southern side than from the northern Agora entrance.

The museum on the summit is permanently closed, and the New Acropolis Museum near the Acropoli metro stop is scheduled to open officially on June 20.

Archived