Hep! Easter on a Cruise Ship - Need Bunny Ideas!

honeywell

Hi all - we are leaving soon on a cruise that arrives back at the home port on Easter Sunday. I am trying to think of ideas - how can the Easter Bunny visit our cabin on that very busy day? My kids are 8 and 10 and will be sharing the cabin with us. I can sneak an extra suitcase of bunny stuff on board since we are driving...

What are your thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

Can the bunny arrive a day early? Or on the port day? I mean unless the bunny takes a speed boat, he won't be able to keep up woth the ship...lol. So you could do it on a port day. You could leave a letter that says that he knew you were going to be off on a cruise so he wanted to catch you in a port before you jetted off again.

I've sent letters to the Easter Bunny to change the date of easter. ;)

My wife and I have been having the same discussion. We are arriving back to Long Beach on Easter Sunday and since we are not scheduled to dock until 9am we thought that we might be able to get away with it that morning. I do like the idea of having it be a port day or even the day before easter though. My kids are 4 and 1.5. I don't think they would even realize it wasn't Easter if we just celebrated on Saturday.

Thanks for the idea.

Could the Easter Bunny visit your house while you are gone so it is there once you return? We did this once when we were skiing and returning home on Easter. A neighbor helped and hid eggs outside for us and left some stuff in the house for the kids.

You could also have the Easter Bunny leave only one thing (like a small chocolate bunny or one filled egg) for each kid in the cabin with a note saying he left everything else at home.

We had the bunny came to the house while we were gone at least twice I can remember. It helped with the post trip blues. The basket was waiting by the front door when we came in from our trip.

I was lucky - my bunny helper also brought in the mail, fed the fish, and watered my plant. I wonder why she was not so helpful when we shared a room as kids??:p

Archived