Amtrak post cruise 9:45am departure

Jana White

Is the Westerdam coming from the new terminal? That's farther north than terminal 30, which isn't too far from King Station. The Coast Starlight is a daily train so if you miss it, you'll have to wait until the next day. When we did this trip in 2004, we stayed in Seattle for a few days, and then got to the station early in the morning so we wouldn't be stressed over rush hour traffic.

I do believe the Westerdam will be coming in to the new terminal. I see that it is 4 miles from King Station. I wish we had the time to stay a few extra days but we must be back to work.

Hope to Cruise, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. We did the exact same thing on a San Diego disembarkation with an 8:30am train back to OC, carried our own luggage off and there was no problem. We were at the terminal by 7:30am, but that terminal is only a two block walk. However in Seattle I realize there is only one train a day and from San Diego to OC are frequent.

Looking forward to hearing how others did.

I thank you in advance. :)

I do believe the Westerdam will be coming in to the new terminal. I see that it is 4 miles from King Station. I wish we had the time to stay a few extra days but we must be back to work.

Hope to Cruise, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. We did the exact same thing on a San Diego disembarkation with an 8:30am train back to OC, carried our own luggage off and there was no problem. We were at the terminal by 7:30am, but that terminal is only a two block walk. However in Seattle I realize there is only one train a day and from San Diego to OC are frequent.

Looking forward to hearing how others did.

I thank you in advance. :)

They board the Starlight between 7:30 and 8:00 am, as soon as the Cascades trains are gone, and you have to check in and go through screening before that. Have a Plan B, just in case.

Thank you SeattleCruiseLover. We will have a plan B. Do you think our chances are good though?

Since I take the Starlight all of the time, and she usually leaves here pretty full, and people start getting in line at about 6:30 or so (have to check your baggage before 8 am), I'm not optimistic, no.

Archived