menu on Atlantica

judie43

Sorry, I don't have an acutal menu from the Atlantica, but I can certainly say that we enjoyed the excellent food on board.

As it is an italian cruise ship and Costa's motto "Cruising Italian Style" there is of course a certain touch of Italy in the food. As I have been to Italy numerous times before, I can certainly guarantee you that you will get excellent and authentic Italian food, not Ameritalian!

Usually every evening (during the sit down dinners) another region of Italy is featured on the "FEATURE MENU" (including wine recommendations). You may or may not choose that route, but also have two or three soups and salads available, a pasta dish (prior to the main course - as in Italy), about 3-4 entree's to choose, and several dessert options. You also have a vegetarian option available.

Overall (on a scale from 1 to 10) Costa certainly will receive the highes note, a true 10 when it comes to food! You may hear a lot of other's complaining, but we found the all around experience excellent!

Just my 2 cents

Guest KateKathy

Thanks!

As I also had heard mixed reviews it's nice to see a 10!

We look forward to celebrating Christmas on the Atlantica.

That's the same we felt, before we went on board of the Atlantica, not knowing what to expect.

We had the late seating on a large table (8) for dinner (gosh, I forgot what table # we were at), along one of the side windows. Really nice.

Most of the time I chose not to go the route with the suggested "Italian Region", but rather tried all kind of appertizers, pasta dishes and desserts.

(I usually skipped the "greens") LOL. No wonder that I gained weight!

Of course we liked Costa's food and the Atlantica so much, we are leaving Lauderdale on Jan. 30, 2005 for the Eastern Carribean!

If you would like additional information about the Atlantica, I wrote a quite detailed Cruise Report about our adventure, right here at cruisecritic.com.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2433

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at

PPPOWER96@aol.com!

Again, I am sure you will enjoy it! Have a fun and save cruise...

Guest KateKathy

Andy thanks - I did read your review and I think you're one of those positive upbeat people I like. I think you have a long future ahead of you in cruising and I know you'll have a great time on each.

We are traveling over Christmas with our 13 year old son and expect good things. Watch for my view in January.

Kate:

I certainly will watch for your review and I hope you have just as much fun and great times as we had. I can't wait for our travel day to come along again! And the best: My wife does not even no anything about it!

Christmas present and Anniversary Present combined, so she'll find out on Christmas day!

I'll post my "Mediterranea" review as well, as soon as we are back in Feburary~!

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from the Atlantica 12-12-04 sailing and brought back a few of the menus.....

Here is a sample of a Dinner menu....

APPETIZERS

Grilled Pineapple with Green Pepper Corn Syrup

Mozzarella caprese

Tomato and Mozzarella

Mussel Marinara

SOUPS

Chicken Consomme with Straw Mushrooms and Leek

Cannellini Bean Soup with Thyme

Chilled Butternut Squash Vichyssoise

SALADS

Tender Green Leaves topped with Celery, Corn, and Carrot

Heart of Palm and Sliced Tomato on a bed of Crisp Lettuce

Italian Tradition

May we suggest eating your Pasta Dish prior to Main Course, as Italians do.

Spaghetti con polipetti

Spaghetti with Baby Octopus, white Wine, Garlic and Chili

Penne Alla Zucca

Penne tossed with a comination of gound meat, olive oil, Basil and Pumpkin

ENTREES

Broiled Carvina

Placed on a pool of Roasted Garlic Sauce topped with fried leeks,

surrounded with herbed vegatable batons

Oven Rosted Chicken Breast

Presented with a Country sauce made with Shallots, Mushrooms, Tomato and Parsley

Tender Cutlet of Pork

marinated in Chili Sauce, Honey Lemon Juice and Fresh Mint served with Zesty Tropical Butter, Lyonnaise Potatoes and Snow Peas.

Beef Medallions

presented with sauteed Mushrooms, plum Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic and fried Onions, accompanied with oven roasted and turned Red Skin Potatoes.

VEGETARIAN

Pizza Margherila

Made with fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil sauce.

On the other side of the menu, they always had Caesar Salad, Spaghetti, Salmon, and Chicken breast.....if case you didn't like any of the other items...

So you could always find something to eat......but the beef Wellingtonn was the best!!!! :)

Jeanie & George

Archived