Best Place to Buy Silk Robes

jrcooper

I read on a post quite a while ago by someone who mentioned buying silk robes for about $10 somewhere, and I can't remember where! If anyone can recommend a good place to find these, I am open for suggestions! We will be in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Japan on our Diamond Princess cruise this April.

Also, what about camera sales? Is there a particular place where you might get good deals on camera lenses?

As you can see, I like to shop while we are on a cruise--especially if we can get some bargains!!:)

jan

Vietnam currently has the best silk shopping in Asia - at least from your itinerary list.

Quality and prices are both fantastic.

North Vietnam is somewhat better than the South.

Hong Kong has always had great selections of cameras and lenses. But you must be very wary of being sold used for new, and defective for working. You usually don't discover your mistake until returning home.

Tokyo - especially Akihabara - is also very good for camera shopping. Selection is fantastic. The Japanese usually release new products in Tokyo first and test the market there for a year or two before releasing them to the rest of the world. If you show a foreign passportfro large purchases, tax and duty are refunded on the spot in most cases.

Akihabara also has many duty free shops for foreigners.

Archived