San Pedro and Priceline

Larry613

In the past I've seen that if you bid a 3-star hotel on Priceline in San Pedro the only two that are eligible are the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree. However, I note that Priceline lists both 3 and 3-and-a-half star hotels for San Pedro. Does this mean you now have to restrict your bid to the 3-and-a-half star hotels if you want to be sure to get one of these two hotels? Has anyone bid a 3-star hotel in this area and gotten something other than Crown Plaza or Doubletree?

Thanks in advance

Larry in Tucson

When I placed my bid for San Pedro, I selected a 3*. When my bid was accepted there was a messege congratulating me on my upgrade to a 3 1/2*. It was the Crowne Plaza.

I hope that helps..BTW, I bid 65.00 for Sept 09.

Actually I got turned down @ $65.00 for a three-star on May 9. Wife then tried with her ID at $70 and got upgrade to Crowne Plaza. Thanks for the input, all.

Larry in Tucson

Congrats! We like it there. Very friendly staff, nice rooms, good location.

Just got back to East Coast after our NCL cruise last week & stayed at CP pre-cruise, winning bid was $65 based a 3 star, upgraded to 3.5 star at no extra costs. We called hotel directly 2 nights before & advise them of our mid-night arrival from non-stop flight & to hold for non-smoking King. SuperShuttle dropped us off - a 25 minutes ride from LAX - and our checkin took less than 3 minutes, bellman was available & offer to help if needed. Our room was on the Club level - 10/F with exclusive access and was very comfortable, had a good night rest - couldn't ask for more with the free shuttle to the nearby pier (a good 15 minutes walk w. luggage)

in the late morning.

I wouldn't mind paying extra $5 if that's all it will take to win the priceline bid, it's all supply & demand when the lowest AAA/AARP rate was $150 a night + taxes/fees.

Enjoyed the CP, we highly recommend it.

Archived