Excursion Reviews

knuts1

NCL has added excursion reviews now for each excursion. I know I will be adding my reviews for the last cruise we in the next week or so when I get time.

I believe you were trying to say you plan on posting after your cruise?

NCL has added excursion reviews now for each excursion. I know I will be adding my reviews for the last cruise we in the next week or so when I get time.

sorry I meant to say.. the last cruise we took. :eek::eek:

sorry I meant to say.. the last cruise we took. :eek::eek:

It is an exciting new feature. We will look forward to your posts about the excursions. I think it is a feature that everyone who checks NCL website will love!:) I do hope you had a wonderful cruise.

I found it, just tonight, when I logged on to my "booked excursions". I hope you can find it!:)

i found it-- and posted a review--how do you read other peoples reviews--

i could not find how to do that???

Big Green

This is great. I can't wait to write a few reviews. I don't think its fully working yet as the first one I was going to write when I tried to rate the excursion all it would let me rate it was five fishes.. LOL

But you go NCL. This is a great addition to your website.

Nice concept in theory. Have to wonder whether it will be truly unbiased and they'll filter and only post positive reviews. Maybe trying to detract folks from doing things on their own or booking private tours?

Sorry...too cynical this morning. :rolleyes:

Nice concept in theory. Have to wonder whether it will be truly unbiased and they'll filter and only post positive reviews. Maybe trying to detract folks from doing things on their own or booking private tours?

We normaly book independent , but I have just recently discovered that the cruise line is booking the entire day with the more popular excursions which forces you to book with the ship.. So I guess they finnaly figured out how to stop that trend. Although you could always say your staying at the hotel down the street ;)

No.. I honestly do not think that is cynical. I think anyone would wonder if they would really allow very negative reviews. I can tell you we will find out soon because there is one that I'm going to rip to shreds. Other than the one excursion we took at Prince Rupert last year, every NCL excursion we have taken has been fantastic and well worth the extra money, IMHO. The one we took at P.R. last year was HORRIBLE.

No.. I honestly do not think that is cynical. I think anyone would wonder if they would really allow very negative reviews. I can tell you we will find out soon because there is one that I'm going to rip to shreds. Other than the one excursion we took at Prince Rupert last year, every NCL excursion we have taken has been fantastic and well worth the extra money, IMHO. The one we took at P.R. last year was HORRIBLE.

Well, your review will the be acid test. :) It will be interesting to see what/if they post it.

Do you think this will tell them which ones are "the worst" and get rid of them so they do not need to bother booking them and cutting down how many they offer or offer differnt ones in each port?? :confused::confused:

Do you think this will tell them which ones are "the worst" and get rid of them so they do not need to bother booking them and cutting down how many they offer or offer differnt ones in each port?? :confused::confused:

I think they would be idiots to ignor free input like that. However with that said, money talks, BS walks. So as long as they are selling a good bit of the tickets on an excursion I am sure they will keep offering it. The one that I ripped to shreds was sold out when we were on it. I am hoping that it was first timers like us because I can assure you, they could literally pay us to go back on that excursion and I would just laugh in their face. And to date, I believe it was either the most expensive excursion or second most expensive excursion we have ever taken.

The one that I ripped to shreds was sold out when we were on it. I am hoping that it was first timers like us because I can assure you, they could literally pay us to go back on that excursion and I would just laugh in their face. And to date, I believe it was either the most expensive excursion or second most expensive excursion we have ever taken.

May I ask what excursion this was?

May I ask what excursion this was?

Sure.. it was Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Viewing. I can not tell you how horrible the staff of the excursion were. I could have given many many examples of how rude there were, but here is what I wrote in my review about them:

We arrive at Prince Rupert around 4:00PM. We went on the tour Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Viewing ($199.00 PP) hosted by Adventure Tours. With this tour they take you via boat to a Grizzly preserve. The boat is a very nice boat; however we found the staff to be EXTREMELY rude. There are actually so many examples I could give of their rudeness that it blows my mind. It is amazing to me I could have so many for just a 5 ½ hour tour. The worst to me was when we were actually at the preserve. There was a small Grizzly bear on the shore and the boat had pulled up to watch it. There were people up on the top deck, people down on the bottom deck and then about 20 of us in the main cabin of the boat watching the bear out of the windows. This one woman was so excited to see the bear that she said, "Oh look, it's a cub". You could hear the excitement in her voice. Well the main tour guide was in the cabin of the boat and started yelling at her saying things like "You are not the experts on the bears, we are, don't be giving people incorrect information. That is not a cub, it's a small female". When I say yelling, I don't mean he was screaming yelling at her, but he had his voice VERY raised. For five minutes he admonished her for giving people wrong information and why she was incorrect, etc. There were several times things like that happened not just with him, but with other staff members. We saw just as many bears on the other tours we were on and it took our entire time up while we were in Prince Rupert. In fact, this was another tour that had gone past the time we were supposed to be back on the ship

Sure.. it was Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Viewing.

For five minutes he admonished her for giving people wrong information and why she was incorrect, etc.

How rude. I'll bet that attitude prevented others from asking questions in fear that they'd be ridiculed.

However, it sounds like a great excursion - in theory.

How rude. I'll bet that attitude prevented others from asking questions in fear that they'd be ridiculed.

However, it sounds like a great excursion - in theory.

Doug loved getting to see the bears so for that, it was a good excursion. However I am so for the underdog that it just ticked me off to know end how they talked so down to that excited lady. I wish I could have gone up and hugged her, but thought she might freak out or something.. LOL

Archived